Uni-finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many new build sites do you get labour only?

Granted on large sites it's supply and fix but most of the smaller sites we work on it's labour only. The builders know they can get the mats the same price or better than us so don't want anyone making on mats as well as labour.

Is that appart from the job your on at the minute ;)

Yeah bloody typical isn't it. This job, the last two small ones and my next one are all labour only, they must be the only labour only jobs I've had in years.
On this job he asked if I'd mind using Multi instead of Board finish as he could get a better price on it, to which I said no problem. I just thought it strange he'd worry about a few pence on each bag when I was the dearest of the five to quote on the job and by quite a margin. I won't tell you the rate I'm getting for just skimming board as I don't want an infraction for causing so many members to top themselves, I'll just say it isn't £1.60 a metre lol

Yeah bloody typical isn't it. This job, the last two small ones and my next one are all labour only, they must be the only labour only jobs I've had in years.
On this job he asked if I'd mind using Multi instead of Board finish as he could get a better price on it, to which I said no problem. I just thought it strange he'd worry about a few pence on each bag when I was the dearest of the five to quote on the job and by quite a margin. I won't tell you the rate I'm getting for just skimming board as I don't want an infraction for causing so many members to top themselves, I'll just say it isn't £1.60 a metre lol

i am always heavy when i am around the hanningfields!

Don't see how this gear would work, if its for skimming over backgrounds with suction then its gonna be a **** to trowell as it will retain all just moisture which in turn will make it hang like a bag of porridge? Can't see bg making it the same cost as multi. A rep i was speaking to was paying they want to make plaster more expensive like other trades materials! Which should in turn make our prices better lol joker or what

Don't see how this gear would work, if its for skimming over backgrounds with suction then its gonna be a **** to trowell as it will retain all just moisture which in turn will make it hang like a bag of porridge? Can't see bg making it the same cost as multi. A rep i was speaking to was paying they want to make plaster more expensive like other trades materials! Which should in turn make our prices better lol joker or what

Making the materials more expensive...hmmmmm...

Maybe, If the the mats cost more then it might become more important to get the right guys in who won't fck up or waste unnecessrily. Just thinking/typing aloud.

it will retain all just moisture which in turn will make it hang like a bag of porridge?

Yeah the guys who trialled this a few months ago said you put it on and sanded it down the next day, no trowelling up..... unless they were takin the pi55

They were talking about knauf premixed and jumped on a thread thinking they were trailing the same stuff as guys using this stuff.

Wasn't till I read the spec sheet did I realise you have to mix it a bit wetter than multi and board fin. Wonder if BG are not selling enough durafinish so rejigging it and new bags,colour etc and calling it unifinish so to appeal to more of us?

whats it say again? i must have missed that

He said perhaps BG are just going to repackage their Durafinish because they're not selling enough. You then ask "what's Durafinish", which "says it all", because if plasterers such as yourself don't even know what it is you sure as hell won't be buying it will you. Leading to BG not selling as much as they need to make it a viable product, possibly leading to them relaunching it under a different name e.g. Uni Finish.

well it's going to be fun in the winter when thistle really hangs so whats uni going to be like.

i wont be buying uni finish either!!!!!! what the fncks the point in it?? pva a wall 10 mins later at the most its ready to skim

i wont be buying uni finish either!!!!!! what the fncks the point in it?? pva a wall 10 mins later at the most its ready to skim

It's for the DIYers and builders to take the rest of our trade from us.

I doubt you could turn up at any job and be skimming 10 minutes later on a PVA and skim job.

so when you lot get to a job and pva a wall how long does it take before you can go over it???

no way does pva dry into silk in 15 mins its takes blooming yonks to go off in fact at the begining of the year i had a little wall to skim that for some reason someone had painted proberly a 2m2 patch with silk paint glued it up and waited 3 hours, got fed up and fooked off home till the next day

never said it did! i dont wait till its dry, if its silk it goes on neat and tackies up after about 15mins. 3HOURS FNCK ME:RpS_scared: what did you do just sit and wait about?
if its a normal painted wall or a wallpaper stripped wall then easy 10 mins max sometimes its that quick it might need another brush over spesh if its had wallpaper on

haha i diddnt mean dry dry ya tit.
i did pretty much sit about and wait mate had a paper did the puzzles coupla coffees some cake and a few smokes, got bored packed up and went home productive day :RpS_thumbsup:

neat pva I FIND is ready in about 15 mins
get the sheets down, pva, get rest of ya stuff in and get ready to mix up and its about ready I FIND

we always use pva on silk, just do not put it on to thick, put a sponge and take some off if you are ready to skim. thistle bond is total rubbish, far to slow and makes far to much mess

ah, the good old pva debate again. cant believe how many times on here people argue about ******* pva!! its only glue. and its rolled on a wall. its not all that tricky. and just to have my say, pva is wank and i never use it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.