Uni finish review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had little white bits in my multi finish today and in my board finish last week so i think bg are up to something. The board finish went for miles but hung for ages too and left blisters in places where i may have layed on second coat too early.
What were u skimming over?artex?

What were u skimming over?artex?

No just boards, i paper tape my joins so it may have been that, but these are just like after you overskim a stipple ceiling and darkk dots which eventually dry out! Strange!I found the best method was after a flatten with my marshalltown i used my plastic refina soon after also, which was perfect to leave it ready for second coat but even then it hung for ages so flattenned wth the plastic then carbon then nela s*p*r*lex which i am just getting the hang of after a year!

Anyone used multi for second coat?
@stuart23 and @jamesthefirst have bud they said it went ok , if you did use multi over uni make sure that uni first coat is nice and thick ,uni has to have a good thickness for it to adhere to the surface you are skimming.
I personally would just use unifinish on all the coats it trowels up better than multi and board finish ,less fatty and smoother rather than gritty and it drys quicker on most surfaces.
Thanks Vince

@stuart23 and @jamesthefirst have bud they said it went ok , if you did use multi over uni make sure that uni first coat is nice and thick ,uni has to have a good thickness for it to adhere to the surface you are skimming.
I personally would just use unifinish on all the coats it trowels up better than multi and board finish ,less fatty and smoother rather than gritty and it drys quicker on most surfaces.
Thanks Vince

I've been feathering uni in to existing quite a lot which means edges are really thin, you say it has to be thick to adhere.....worried now.

I've been feathering uni in to existing quite a lot which means edges are really thin, you say it has to be thick to adhere.....worried now.
In general squarehead that's all I meant,I was presuming the dude was going to have a go with a multifinish lay in coat which is upto each plasterer what they do.think a good unifinish coat is advisable if laying in with something else.
Presume the ones you feathered in were a while ago and have been ok.
No worries

Not heard anything back on jobs and I've done quite a few, but think I'll call bg and just discuss thickness issue with them to be sure. Thanks.
Cool...like most of plastering squarehead,things are advised and we all try to do as spec but as plasterers we all do what we have to to get job done to best we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.