Uni and bg

Members online

To be fair I've seen your last vids lol I'm not top mod, more the only c**t left hahahahaha but one came back this week :) it's nothing to do with the interest of the forum I don't really get payed that was a joke @Danny made up years ago. It's plaster or skim I can use it it's not a problem I would probably be better than you at it even with all your experience and van full of trowels. I am not even gonna repeat my reasons for not using it it's probably boring to read. I have a job coming up soon you and your mate @Lodan can come down and I will show you both how to improve on your skimming but I'm not paying you for it and I also don't want paying for it :)
We don't need showing we got new things happening in another 6 months maybe he will show you an improved way of putting on.... Without a trowel

Is it a hand board that's sucks gear up through a hose that is connected to the handle? Another one of my ideas that was robbed in this place.

To be fair I've seen your last vids lol I'm not top mod, more the only c**t left hahahahaha but one came back this week :) it's nothing to do with the interest of the forum I don't really get payed that was a joke @Danny made up years ago. It's plaster or skim I can use it it's not a problem I would probably be better than you at it even with all your experience and van full of trowels. I am not even gonna repeat my reasons for not using it it's probably boring to read. I have a job coming up soon you and your mate @Lodan can come down and I will show you both how to improve on your skimming but I'm not paying you for it and I also don't want paying for it :)
Stop keep dropping my name into your rantings...not interested and nowt to do with me

At the risk of inflaming the 'debate' or raking up old arguments, Unifinish doesn't make much sense to me. I'm not a plasterer, but it seems like a solution looking for a problem.

Did you call me a lady?! :chica:

Tread carefully, I wouldn't encourage old snake hips @theplasterman It's all fun and banter until you pull the curtains back one morning and he's standing there with his 'trowel' in his hand.

Reactions: Pug
Stop keep dropping my name into your rantings...not interested and nowt to do with me
You did say you wanted to work with other spreads? I have withdrawn the offer stick to the odd way xx oh and it wasn't a rant stop defending your mate when he is being a dick it's making you look like one also.

At the risk of inflaming the 'debate' or raking up old arguments, Unifinish doesn't make much sense to me. I'm not a plasterer, but it seems like a solution looking for a problem.

Tread carefully, I wouldn't encourage old snake hips @theplasterman It's all fun and banter until you pull the curtains back one morning and he's standing there with his 'trowel' in his hand.
No worries mate my builder type friend isn't a plasterer either .. Best way to imagine it is like this a lot of "Plasterers" like to walk in and skim (lets say for arguments sake) a ceiling that has been nicely overboarded with all the fibre tape put on the joins for them (proper builder style,topman) then all plasterer has to do is mix up and bang some say multifinish or board finish,jobs a good one,money,gone maybe a coffee.
It's same with unifinish except it's better,top builder don't have to board it (saving on time,money and obviously added weight to the ceiling structure,lol) and plasterer walks in mixes up the unifinish,jobs a good un and all the preparation was done for him,well maybe a coffee as there wasn't any prep needed !

No worries mate my builder type friend isn't a plasterer either .. Best way to imagine it is like this a lot of "Plasterers" like to walk in and skim (lets say for arguments sake) a ceiling that has been nicely overboarded with all the fibre tape put on the joins for them (proper builder style,topman) then all plasterer has to do is mix up and bang some say multifinish or board finish,jobs a good one,money,gone maybe a coffee.
It's same with unifinish except it's better,top builder don't have to board it (saving on time,money and obviously added weight to the ceiling structure,lol) and plasterer walks in mixes up the unifinish,jobs a good un and all the preparation was done for him,well maybe a coffee as there wasn't any prep needed !

you are talking b*ll***s as usual, if it doesn't need boarding then it can be pva'd and skimmed which means no extra weight as you mention, please stop misleading.

Another stupid analogy lol

Yet again vince has turned the thread into a row or a shambles, you have been the voice of unifinish, you were tagged in this thread by me because you had answered the OP question before so save your dramas.

You did say you wanted to work with other spreads? I have withdrawn the offer stick to the odd way xx oh and it wasn't a rant stop defending your mate when he is being a dick it's making you look like one also.
Not defending anyone you loon...and you calling me a dick for saying leave me out of it....i think we need to appoint a moderator to moderate our current moderator.

you are talking b*ll***s as usual, if it doesn't need boarding then it can be pva'd and skimmed which means no extra weight as you mention, please stop misleading.
And we are back to adhesion = which it does without rolling on pva (lol,that's what it's made for) just read the instructions

Tbh mate it's quite funny no disrespect meant but I got a builder who don't plaster , old school spread who never even used one bag and another dude (who used it twice,lol) telling me it's quicker to roll pva after he couldn't handle the heat when using it so he jumped out the kitchen but never stops going on about it,

:hola:

Tbh mate it's quite funny no disrespect meant but I got a builder who don't plaster , old school spread who never even used one bag and another dude (who used it twice,lol) telling me it's quicker to roll pva after he couldn't handle the heat when using it so he jumped out the kitchen but never stops going on about it,

:popcorn:

No offence to any of the partys but it's proper boring reading crap like this in separate threads once or twice a month.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

And we are back to adhesion = which it does without rolling on pva (lol,that's what it's made for) just read the instructions

the scenario you gave was total b*ll***s, because it read without using uni, boarding a ceiling was the only solution correct ? yes is the answer

is pva ing a ceiling quicker ? yes,because I've tried uni on two separate occasions and found uni took longer overall and cost twice as much.

I have no issue with britsih gypsym in fact I've defended then a lot when people have come on here slating multi, but you my friend take arse licking to a whole new level, clearly you get some form of reward from them for promoting there products which is why you are so embarrassingly bias.

Meanwhile here on the Costa it's all crisp n dry n cooking:descansando:
image.jpeg

Sorry mate, but you're wrong there. ALL builders plaster, everyone knows that. (y)

the scenario you gave was total b*ll***s, because it read without using uni, boarding a ceiling was the only solution correct ? yes is the answer

is pva ing a ceiling quicker ? yes,because I've tried uni on two separate occasions and found uni took longer overall and cost twice as much.

I have no issue with britsih gypsym in fact I've defended then a lot when people have come on here slating multi, but you my friend take arse licking to a whole new level, clearly you get some form of reward from them for promoting there products which is why you are so embarrassingly bias.
I said I'm done instead of boring people,if you love ya pva fine,think I covered that in my earlier rant,tbh think the reward comments etc are more just because you got nothing to really say , as like you say you only used 2 bags.
Everyone's got an opinion and last time I looked it was a free country so I'll say what I like.

Oh and in the real world plasterers skim over Artex Ceilings every single day.. Stick your board's up ...........