Uni and bg

Members online

Diesel

Tried some uni a while back. It was full of white lumps some hard some soft a bit like wet entrinet think that's how you spell it, almost every trowel full had it in it. Managed to sort it in the end but took twice as long . Thought the sell buy date had been changed but b& q swears they didn't do it. Contacted bg had two decent replys , gave the bag I had left to their rep for testing then nothing. I wasn't looking for compo just an explaination. Anybody know if this normal or a one off. End of the day don't think I'll buy it again.

There's loads on here slagging off that stuff. You can do a search. People saying it shelled off etc. I never used it, didn't trust the sound of it! But I don't like multi either

Tried some uni a while back. It was full of white lumps some hard some soft a bit like wet entrinet think that's how you spell it, almost every trowel full had it in it. Managed to sort it in the end but took twice as long . Thought the sell buy date had been changed but b& q swears they didn't do it. Contacted bg had two decent replys , gave the bag I had left to their rep for testing then nothing. I wasn't looking for compo just an explaination. Anybody know if this normal or a one off. End of the day don't think I'll buy it again.

Wise man don't buy it again, it saves no time is more expensive and not as good as multi or board finish

It's kind of a bit of a bore now talking about unifinish and the negatives people can read about it.. Not just on here but on other places on net or people who talk in say merchants. Such a shame really that the first unifinish failed that kind of stayed in alot of peoples head too, as the lady said above, it made some think sod giving it a go.
I compared the product to an pre bagged render product once and as usual got told it was stupid comparison but it is a good one really,even on this forum there will be people saying how good pre bag is but if we went back in time I doubt they were saying the same then.they tried it, dealt with it and made it work.
Maybe unifinish was or is to much for an old school type plasterer to except but having said that I know many older school plasterers than most on the forum who like it and use it, so then it comes down to mind set and experience of it.
Some will never like it some will
Suppose that's the beauty of choice.

No need to go on a rant blaming old school spreads, I only mentioned you knew about the white bits, only passing the information to the OP which you shared with us.

No need to go on a rant blaming old school spreads, I only mentioned you knew about the white bits, only passing the information to the OP which you shared with us.
The Old School spreads I mentioned I was not blaming I was simply saying they had alot more experience than you

The Old School spreads I mentioned I was not blaming I was simply saying they had alot more experience than you
Only more experience using unifinish coz I haven't used it :) but a guy fresh off a weekend course who has used a bag has more experience than me using it :) still doesn't mean anything I was only pointing out to the OP you knew what the white bits were then you went on a bit of a rant. You could of just told him it was the polymers not mixed up smooth enough.

It's kind of a bit of a bore now talking about unifinish and the negatives people can read about it.. Not just on here but on other places on net or people who talk in say merchants. Such a shame really that the first unifinish failed that kind of stayed in alot of peoples head too, as the lady said above, it made some think sod giving it a go.
I compared the product to an pre bagged render product once and as usual got told it was stupid comparison but it is a good one really,even on this forum there will be people saying how good pre bag is but if we went back in time I doubt they were saying the same then.they tried it, dealt with it and made it work.
Maybe unifinish was or is to much for an old school type plasterer to except but having said that I know many older school plasterers than most on the forum who like it and use it, so then it comes down to mind set and experience of it.

Except for you don't get the choice in wickes and most b&qs as they also agree it's dog poo

The good thing is in the future we will be able to look back on TPF and see who was right :D

Only more experience using unifinish coz I haven't used it :) but a guy fresh off a weekend course who has used a bag has more experience than me using it :) still doesn't mean anything I was only pointing out to the OP you knew what the white bits were then you went on a bit of a rant. You could of just told him it was the polymers not mixed up smooth enough.
Tbh it might of been that, suppose op did say in the end he sorted it and bg took the bag's hopefully they will get back to him soon I look forward to there quick response,but no the experience spreads I mentioned are old enough to be your dad and I meant more experience in every aspect of plastering.
X

Tbh it might of been that, suppose op did say in the end he sorted it and bg took the bag's hopefully they will get back to him soon I look forward to there quick response,but no the experience spreads I mentioned are old enough to be your dad and I meant more experience in every aspect of plastering.
X
They might be old enough to be my dad that's about it and let's have it right what would you know about experience your only just realising what mono is :) I did my first mono job in 1990 lol, don't turn it into a slanging match then seek attention then cry bully. I wrote a perfectly good reply to the OP, your just making yourself look a c**t again but carry on :)

It is hard gear to get used to.
I now know what u mean vince.application,when,when not,it is difficult stuff to get on with.
I use it in combination with multi, not mixed together and it has been saving me big time in man hrs.
I hated it at first then found a system with it that suits me.
On its own i dont like its finish but understand you need to use it until you master the s**t and that is more than a few times.
Thats why so many guys hate it.its a long slog to nail it in my opinion.

X

nice to see you and @flynnyman getting along so the suggestion of using a little more KY has certainly helped the relationship xxx

They might be old enough to be my dad that's about it and let's have it right what would you know about experience your only just realising what mono is :) I did my first mono job in 1990 lol, don't turn it into a slanging match then seek attention then cry bully. I wrote a perfectly good reply to the OP, your just making yourself look a c**t again but carry on :)

crap spoke too soon

Okay your right it does need to stay on topic my point was some will use it and some won't, lets say you and someone else had used it in 1971 not everyone is going to carry on using it after a bad experience and some will.

I was being helpful as usual trying to help the OP then straight away I am being bullied good job I don't take things too serious :)

Okay your right it dies need to stay on topic my point was some will use it and some won't, lets say you and someone else had used it in 1971 not everyone is going to carry on using it after a bad experience and some will.
Yeh but that's not staying on topic is it? You said the polymers that stick it to the wall not being mixed up smooth enough :) I was only helping the OP which is what I always do, :)

Yeh but that's not staying on topic is it? You said the polymers that stick it to the wall not being mixed up smooth enough :) I was only helping the OP which is what I always do, :)
Tbh it might not of been the polymers but it does trowel up okay if anyone sees them white bits just carry on to a finish as you normally would.
No big deal,sometimes I get big clumps of power stations in multifinish I just carry on.

It is hard gear to get used to.
I now know what u mean vince.application,when,when not,it is difficult stuff to get on with.
I use it in combination with multi, not mixed together and it has been saving me big time in man hrs.
I hated it at first then found a system with it that suits me.
On its own i dont like its finish but understand you need to use it until you master the s**t and that is more than a few times.
Thats why so many guys hate it.its a long slog to nail it in my opinion.
Mate I'm glad to hear that
Nice one

Tbh it might not of been the polymers but it does trowel up okay if anyone sees them white bits just carry on to a finish as you normally would.
No big deal,sometimes I get big clumps of power stations in multifinish I just carry on.
Oh so there are other white bits? Lol

Oh so there are other white bits? Lol
As top mod surely it would be in the interest of the forum for you to use a few bags and report back on how you honestly thought it was to use or at least let me come up and do a room together, I will record it and we can see if there is any white bits

Did you call me a lady?! :chica:

As top mod surely it would be in the interest of the forum for you to use a few bags and report back on how you honestly thought it was to use or at least let me come up and do a room together, I will record it and we can see if there is any white bits
To be fair I've seen your last vids lol I'm not top mod, more the only c**t left hahahahaha but one came back this week :) it's nothing to do with the interest of the forum I don't really get payed that was a joke @Danny made up years ago. It's plaster or skim I can use it it's not a problem I would probably be better than you at it even with all your experience and van full of trowels. I am not even gonna repeat my reasons for not using it it's probably boring to read. I have a job coming up soon you and your mate @Lodan can come down and I will show you both how to improve on your skimming but I'm not paying you for it and I also don't want paying for it :)

Only white bits on show will be your bare arse when you two finally share a room together lol