Uneven render in sunlight

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone

new to this site so be nice

we have completed the render to a large panelled house and had each area passed by builder 4 months ago

they have painted and removed the scaffold but now when the sun shines at certain times of the day it looks uneven

is there any way of making this right don't really want to take it off

if you want pictures I can add

need help
Don't look at the walls at them certain times of day :RpS_wink:

Tell your customer to put a 3m straight edge over it when the sunlight is shining on it. If you have no hollows then don't worry. When I started out I always got told about the golden hour, nothing any of us can do regardless of quality or experience.

hi and welcome!! we are plasterers and we finish by hand, not with a machine , you will never beat the sun i am afraid , dont be to hard on your self mate , the sun can make the finest plasterers look dodgy mate

a38f82ed7903a6cb5bbacbc775271a51.jpg
[/IMG]

The house is near Guildford
as an update we have found a way of keeping the client happy
we are now using sandtex high build as a new finish coat applying
with a trowel then stippling to get result
doing this on the front and back as the sun hits it at such an acute angle it's only on the house for 25 minutes and then the front for 35 minutes

good news though the terrace front has to be rendered I have turned this down as it's the same angle as the house

the builder says he has found a plasterer that says he can do it can't wait

still it does look nice the inside is better but we won't be plastering the basement either
still forming ceilings and walls

anyhoo ow he says he will pay Friday fingers crossed

we have found a way of keeping the client happy
we are now using sandtex high build as a new finish coat applying
with a trowel then stippling to get result
From what i can see in pic there's nothing wrong with the render, IMO the highbuild will make a top notch house look like a cheap nasty makeover has been done, the end

im totally baffled by this :RpS_confused: who gets a job like this then turns around and says "err have you had any shadows on yer render at a certain time a day?" i was expecting a semi or something.
not trying to upset anyone like :RpS_unsure:

im totally baffled by this :RpS_confused: who gets a job like this then turns around and says "err have you had any shadows on yer render at a certain time a day?" i was expecting a semi or something.
Same as, thought it was a tiny job compared to this one, builder is just being an arse as far as i'm concerned

It's got to be a wind up marra cos if you were capable of producing work like that and someone asked you to then put hi build on it you would laugh at them wouldn't you ???? That said on older manor houses i have seen raised panel work with wet or dry dashed panels so may not look out of place ?

**** knows i can see a builder on a job like that or a customer picking up on the shitty shadow but a plasterer that did it not expect it is just unheard of.
got to be a wind up or the builder being a ****

surely the customer or builder would have picked it up along time before the end of a job that size, its not like were in june or july now

Hello everyone

we have only done small rendering before and not a lot of it as you say normally extensions etc

we are doing the ceilings walls and plastering to the inside this is what we normally do but the builder asked us to do render as it was in small panels I said yes

i wouldn't say I was that experienced in it and have never had this problem before don't know why I didn't see it coming I always check internal walls prob the excitement at its size

builder coming round now but I agree we should have left it as it was

its not a wind up look on Instagram and you can see the internals

its in Windlesham to be exact but a private gated estate can't give out code

will be on the market in 10 weeks

if anyone is interested about 30 mil

thanks for the advise the cement one or as we are using sandtex is working

Status
Not open for further replies.