Unemployable

Members online

richyrich

After 30 years on the trowel and declining health I made a decision to look for employment in something a bit easier, I went for an interview for a job banging picture frames together this morning, dead easy job.
Well fook me if in the interview I was told because I had worked for myself all my life I have made myself unemployable :confused:
So what then? Hang up tools and do f all for the rest of my life! I've got another 25 year left until retirement

That's s**t and I bit worrying . What did you say in interview. I.m planning on doing same but gonna give it I.m just wanting to turn up crack on and let someone else worry bout what's what

Job I just been on . Blokes a caretaker. Goes in morning then comes home for 3 hours then goes back . Think he.s on a descent wage for it. Might be summet worth looking at

That's s**t and I bit worrying . What did you say in interview. I.m planning on doing same but gonna give it I.m just wanting to turn up crack on and let someone else worry bout what's what
I was gobsmacked, yes let someone else do all the worrying.

After 30 years on the trowel and declining health I made a decision to look for employment in something a bit easier, I went for an interview for a job banging picture frames together this morning, dead easy job.
Well fook me if in the interview I was told because I had worked for myself all my life I have made myself unemployable :confused:
So what then? Hang up tools and do f all for the rest of my life! I've got another 25 year left until retirement
Should have told him /her they are a 22carrot t**t.

You started work at 10 Oliver?

Go jobbing instead of balls out plastering.

Learn a bit of tiling or pick up a paintbrush.

I f**k**g hate having lads with me who haven't worked for themselves. Have to tell them what to do all the time.

Get renovating. Its a doddle.

Fuking joke who ever they get I hope they get lazy basted that can't be bothered to go to work. What this world coming to

Go jobbing instead of balls out plastering.

Learn a bit of tiling or pick up a paintbrush.

I f**k**g hate having lads with me who haven't worked for themselves. Have to tell them what to do all the time.

Get renovating. Its a doddle.
That what I'm going to do once morgatge cleard 52 income from other house I got pack winter in might do the odd job. Go tiling course cut some grass and enjoy life. Thers more life chasing work and money

You can tell you've always been self-employed as you've made a very basic error with your application and interview. You told the truth.

No one is completely honest on a CV or in an interview. So start bullsh1tting.

An easy one is to completely fabricate some previous employment. Make up a role with a company that went bust a few years back (there are plenty of those). Just make sure it's something reasonable and preferrably in line with what you want to do. So working in a double glazing factory making frames, or in a warehouse etc.

Impossible to check, gives them what they want to hear, and you could do the job in your sleep anyway. (y)

Probably had problems with previous similar staff don't be put off , next time your in same position mention this previous experience and put it to them the flexibility required to work for clients of all persuasions , thus demonstrating your ability to conform

You can tell you've always been self-employed as you've made a very basic error with your application and interview. You told the truth.

No one is completely honest on a CV or in an interview. So start bullsh1tting.

An easy one is to completely fabricate some previous employment. Make up a role with a company that went bust a few years back (there are plenty of those). Just make sure it's something reasonable and preferrably in line with what you want to do. So working in a double glazing factory making frames, or in a warehouse etc.

Impossible to check, gives them what they want to hear, and you could do the job in your sleep anyway. (y)
How can lie about employment. They can check up on you in 5minute if they wanted to. And if you have worked for some one they ask for a reference not that easy as that.

How can lie about employment. They can check up on you in 5minute if they wanted to. And if you have worked for some one they ask for a reference not that easy as that.
Woolworths have stopped sending out refrences.

Honesty is best policy , just like confessing to customers about skimming dry pva

You didn't read the post did you?

How do you check with a company that no longer exists? How do you get a reference from a company that no longer exists?

I.m quite shocked they even used that as a reason to be far

I'd guess it's the opposite of being institutionalised. To used to doing things your own way, able to sort things out without running to a gaffer every two minutes, actually know how to run a business. It'd be a nightmare for your average manager to be in charge of someone like that. :)

you ever thought of going snagging on new builds mate ??

old fellas on our firm on approx £650 a week.
after years on the tools youl find it an easy life.
(y)

You didn't read the post did you?

How do you check with a company that no longer exists? How do you get a reference from a company that no longer exists?
Yes I did m8. If you being paying your tax like you should inland revenue got records. You can't get away whith much these days not like 30years ago the old computer ther now. I bet you revnue can check anyone on here how we pay our bills in 5minute if the wanted to whithout us knowing

Yes I did m8. If you being paying your tax like you should inland revenue got records. You can't get away whith much these days not like 30years ago the old computer ther now. I bet you revnue can check anyone on here how we pay our bills in 5minute if the wanted to whithout us knowing

I pay about £300 a week in tax
stopped at source.
wonder what c**t is injecting it now.

system needs changing.

too many free loading

too many big companies getting away with it aswell.

working lads/ladies pay the price.

Some good comments here, I've got to be honest, I didn't even think of snagging, I like the sound of that but I might be a b*****d as I can't stand sloppy work.
I'm not sure I'm up for lying about work history, you always get caught out in the end, look like a right knob then

Some good comments here, I've got to be honest, I didn't even think of snagging, I like the sound of that but I might be a b*****d as I can't stand sloppy work.
I'm not sure I'm up for lying about work history, you always get caught out in the end, look like a right knob then

UK is crying out for decent patchers mate ...
it's not plasterers mess but every other trades fuuck ups.

everything being rushed
brand new houses need handing back spot on.

depending where you live you'll get more than £650.

What have inland revenue records got to do with it? Even if it were possible for a company to access them you'd be on to a winner. The compensation payout for the company, the individual at the company, and whoever released the records at HMRC breaking the law would mean you'd live quite comfortably without working.

How much pens
What have inland revenue records got to do with it? Even if it were possible for a company to access them you'd be on to a winner. The compensation payout for the company, the individual at the company, and whoever released the records at HMRC breaking the law would mean you'd live quite comfortably without working.
You said tell them you worked for a firm that gone bankrupt so hmrc haven't got a record of you working ther? And stamp you paid when working on the cards.