Evening!

Members online

Depends.. how good do you look in a dress? If it's better than me, then no, you can fek off :chica:
to be fair, I'm not pretty in a dress, will this suffice?

2017 0222-2.train room wall.JPG

Had to check that one out
No you can't do that. I haven't got any, so I'd have to steal some too.. and that could just look a bit suspicious. Although mumsnet does have some gems on it.. loved the "do you dunk your penis?" thread.
Screenshot_20210416-154152.png

No you can't do that. I haven't got any, so I'd have to steal some too.. and that could just look a bit suspicious. Although mumsnet does have some gems on it.. loved the "do you dunk your penis?" thre

And the worst bit is knowing there’s probably still a little bit left on your boots..... even though you cleaned them... scrubbed them even.... there’ll be traces, oh yes :sisi:

Errrmmm...... you sure you're not getting your wires crossed, Jess? Sounds like you're on about your conscience, not your boots... :chica:

Where are you booked on? I think I'm lucky as it's what I've started with, although going from a day skimming to a day hotmixing hemp and chucking it on walls is a bit of a wake up call to the arms- they've got lazy!

I tend to do quite a lot of external work- repointing, shelter coats and the like. I think time is the biggest thing to be aware of, especially with hot and putty lime work. It's not like skimming where you know roughly how long something will take to pick up etc. It can be weather dependent and humidity etc., wall moisture- all of it makes a difference. A couple of days' lime course is great for an introduction, but I would say that it you want to offer it as a service, you ideally want to do the L3 NVQ in heritage plastering. It will put you in a much better position to identify problems, solve them, specify for jobs etc. which in turn will lead to a better result and more word of mouth recommendations. At the least, I'd seek out an experienced lime plasterer relatively local to you and see if you can hop on with them for a job or two.

Enjoy it though- every day is different!
I’m booked in at the Scottish lime centre trust. On a lime rendering course. Yeah i know it’s a different game altogether but find myself more interested in traditional building an so forth. The course is a start an I already have a company taking me on in 2022 to give me experience in the lime rendering as I know jumping on with a team is priceless knowledge. So looking forward to it indeed.

Ha! I don't take offence easily. At least not unless it's intentional and the like. But I'm more likely to offer a virtual kick in the balls than get upset about it. I always thought guys were less bitchy than girls til i worked on a building site :LOL:
Haha, girls defo worse.