Ultra Finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrim88

hey guys, Just wondering if any of you guys used 'ultra finish'. Alot of the merchants here in n.ireland seem to sell them.

I have been using it for about a year now and I don't think I would ever go back to carlite (red bags) or multi (orange bags). This stuff sets about 30 mins quicker and doesn't have has much 'fat' coming off. and at £4.26 ex vat it's pretty cheap. :)

Product%20Image_Carlite%20Ultra.jpg

Think you will find only a available in Ireland not here as seen over there they do thistle finish short set and a bonding short set , think the finish short set would work good over here on small jobs so why do they not sell it here ?

The market is controlled by BG you will buy whatever they can mass produce and make the biggest profit on.

kinety dine mucker!! yeh the carlite red bags are stiil over here. the blue bags are indeed quite sexy and its a bluey grey colour when set. :flapper:

hey guys, Just wondering if any of you guys used 'ultra finish'. Alot of the merchants here in n.ireland seem to sell them.

I have been using it for about a year now and I don't think I would ever go back to carlite (red bags) or multi (orange bags). This stuff sets about 30 mins quicker and doesn't have has much 'fat' coming off. and at £4.26 ex vat it's pretty cheap. :)
Is it just for goin over floating or can it be used on reskims and board?

I use it for all backgrounds, bonding, board, floating, it holds it shape better than multi so if you had a hole in the wall from say removing an old nail were it pulls off the plaster too, it just fills the hole without sagging. my mate forgot to bond in an old socket box one time and he just filled it with the same finish while he skimmed the wall, after it set you could not tell were it was, until it started drying out lol.

do you not find multi to be a bit watery/no hold to it?

if you were all 100 % happy with multi why would you even look at another plaster ? people want to sell you new stuff to make money end of

Haldane Fisher sell it, Loudons, Murdocks, big merchants over here in Belfast

promo price is £4.26 plus vat or £8.00 without the discount

Status
Not open for further replies.