Ultimate plastic trowels

Status
Not open for further replies.
It tends to fur up if you use the plastic too soon use it on the final trowel or when you'd wet cross trowel it

Just phoned Refina to order a 24" plazziflex but all sizes are on back order! Next batch coming in are all spoken for! Christ, are these things that good??

only probs on this site advice is good with everyone being a pro plasterer but which one is rite :flapper: ...in guess you got to do it your own way and try difreent things out Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

a mate of mine ordered a 16" ss from refina and has been waiting a month now as apparently theyre out of stock lol

its the principle thought really, they wouldnt like it if your orderd something recieved it and said "oh ill pay for it in a month wen i have more money"

I bought a plastic trowel from handtoolsexpress and it came yesterday, real fast delivery. I used it today and was suprised how good it was. I put it on with a steel trowel then finished it from there with the plastic.

I did one half of the ceiling and my mate did the other with a normal trowel. I reckon that mine could have been finished 20 minutes before his, which over a day would save you up to an hour.

Felt real strange to use and got hardly any fat up.

Question: Do they get better as they sharpen?

Hello all,

Just a note on back orders to make things a bit clearer. We never used to take money until an order is dispatched. The banks introduced something called PCI compliance which is to do with credit card transactions which means we can't store anyone's credit card details, so we would need to phone and take payment again once the item is in stock. Currently, we take payment for the full order and anything which isn't in stock is credited onto your account. If you have a credit you can have it refunded to your card, or use it on something else if you change your mind.

Either way, it's a good point that's been made, and as of next week we'll be asking customers whether they would rather leave it on their account as a credit or have us get in touch when the item comes back in stock to take payment.

Cheers,
Leon

I bought a plastic trowel from handtoolsexpress and it came yesterday, real fast delivery. I used it today and was suprised how good it was. I put it on with a steel trowel then finished it from there with the plastic.

I did one half of the ceiling and my mate did the other with a normal trowel. I reckon that mine could have been finished 20 minutes before his, which over a day would save you up to an hour

i been contemplating getting one for ages but im not sure so......

question: worth getting?

i been contemplating getting one for ages but im not sure so......

question: worth getting?

Based on me being a cynical bast.ard and still being impressed i would say yes.

To be honest, plastering bores the tits off me 95% of the time, the other 5% I'm in the pub. Anything that distracts me from the monotonous grind, day upon fu.cking day is a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.