Ultimate plastic trowels

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
the reason i want to see how it goes is you do tend to use more of the edge of the trowel on the final pass and im want to see it the plastic ones could handle the pressure on them. would like to see the pics chris. I love mp75, its such a breeze once you get to to the troweling stage, the problem a lot of lads seem to have i they cant rule and unless you can rule to a good standard then your work will be s**t.
good point, gonna need a steel trowel for the last one innit...
still, we'll see..

did a load before christmas, havent got the photos yet and i was trying to use the stuff like multi or board at first and it just doesnt work.. soon as i started to treat it like it got it on 20mm thick with water and a sponge it went like a dream...

dries beautiful, absolutely no reason in my mind why we cant use it all the time, really comes into its own when you got real sh'tty walls all over the place...

only trouble is, its expensive compared with multi or board...

Just to pick up some of the points that have been raised regarding our plastics trowels, no we haven't tried them yet with MP75 the spray plaster but I believe that REFINA our distributors do supply them for that purpose, especially the longer versions which give better flattening. It's a good point though, maybe we should do some trials ourselves.

Someone commented on their robustness, obviously because they are plastics, even though it is a high grade, they are not as bomb proof as steel trowels, however they have other properties that steel trowels don't have, so there is a trade-off. We will soon be supplying them as a kit of different sizes in a special case which will keep them safe when not in use.

Plazzy.

im not speaking about using mp75 as a skim, i talking about using the trowels instead of steel. I wouldnt recommend using mp75 on board

i tried it a coiuple of weeks back and no, they arent up to it with mp75. the gear needs to be soft and wet for the trowel to have a chance. last trowel of mp75 is too hard

I find i can only use the plastic trowel after i have used a steel to flatten it as the plastic just can not flatten the wall corectly. good for the last to trowels nice light no water.. may save 15-20 mins on a set at best so always worth a pop.

where do you get these ficking trowels from have you got to be in some secret ficking society or sumick

in my opinion, they arent that great. no better finish than a steel trowel and not a great deal quicker. always seem to have little nicks in them and can be a bit flimsy in corners. church and barry seem to be getting on dandy with them so maybe its just personal preference.

I have experienced ripples or stripes in the wall on reskims when used from start to finish.

Spoke to experienced lad yesterday who has used these trowels for years and he said he only uses for the trowel up on the second coat onwards on his set to get best finish. Uses steel untill then.

Experiemented with the above yesterday and got good results. If you time it right there is little or no water needed.

I have experienced ripples or stripes in the wall on reskims when used from start to finish.

Spoke to experienced lad yesterday who has used these trowels for years and he said he only uses for the trowel up on the second coat onwards on his set to get best finish. Uses steel untill then.

Experiemented with the above yesterday and got good results. If you time it right there is little or no water needed.

you can do the same with steel trowels windy

i pm'ed him and said i would buy a set and try them out on MP 75 but he never got back to me so as far as i am concerned we wont be using them and he can now **** off with his plastic trowels.

you can do the same with steel trowels windy

I know but plastic means less drag, less water needed and trowel is lighter so less work. Slightly easier to finish off.

I only have the 15" for walls and 20" for ceilings. Does anyone have the really big boys and how have you found em?

I used them last week and I loved them.... I only used a 16 I think with the foam back and it flattened in lovely and and the finish was actually faultless. Considering I not done any skimmin in about 2 years I was quite impressed.

Flattened in lovely no water was needed the corners I touched in with a steel trowel. I made the mistake of going over a bead with one and got a few scratches in the trowel but 10 secs with a bit of 1200 paper I was good to go....

I will be using mine on every skimmin job now as it was really comfortable and almost zero strain on me... yes I am a weekling but but getting strength back :)

i did one job with mine after we worked together and its in the garage now. i'm definitely thinking about getting one of the s*p*r*lex's after seeing yours in action.

me and me matespent a day in that job, 2nd hit was 7 and half bags. he got the tops as 3m high, i had the bottoms. wasnt even a rush once it was on

Not sure ad, I used mine a few times and didn't get on with it, ask barry he's had one for ages now

Status
Not open for further replies.