Tyzack centenary.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottie5

Private Member
Having a sort out at the weekend came across this little beauty.
Its been missing presumed dead for years.
Never been used just needs a little tlc.
still straighter then anything made by M/t though.
Screenshot_2016-01-25-12-24-45.png
Screenshot_2016-01-25-12-24-50.png
20160125_122227.jpg
20160125_154516.jpg

Hated the handles on those the old guys who trained me used them but i was "bullied" into buying Marshaltown and im using them again now for eveything past month after the s*p*r*lex fad seems to be dieing off due to complaints on shining lights on walls etc??

Such a shame they sold them selves going for the daft mt style rubber handles and Chinese steel!!!

The old wooden handle Sheffield steel trowels was like an extension of your hand!

@Pug I don't like the banana shape of mt hadles also there not as girth...and they make me grip harder where as hand feels more relaxed and can roll wrist easier with the old tyzacks I found!

Incidentley used my for past 10 yt faltless quality but the old tyzacks had such a better feel an balance in the hand imo!

I guess it's what you're used to. I've only ever used Mt apart from a wickes 18" cheapy I use for flattening in when I can be arsed to carry 2 trowels out of the van!

@Pug I don't like the banana shape of mt hadles also there not as girth...and they make me grip harder where as hand feels more relaxed and can roll wrist easier with the old tyzacks I found!

Incidentley used my for past 10 yt faltless quality but the old tyzacks had such a better feel an balance in the hand imo!
Exactly you got it bang on bud

I'm nearly 50, I've used loads of trowels, mts being the market leaders and don't get me wrong , they're good, bullet proof. Tyzack are better and better value. I'm going to do a job in Tobago in March and the guy wants to do a thing on it for a " Trini" documentary . I'm having to ship a broken in trowel or two to make sure I don't drop one, or two, that'd be a disaster. I'll be going with Tyzack . @P1SS Romford tools got no superflx in stock

had one of those irish spread like others have said the balance just does not feel good to me but that is just my opinion
No probs, each to their own. I have to say the lads that I've known that have borrowed one of mine, I bought 12 for £190 total that'll seethe end of my career lol, have all agreed, I'm surprised to be honest.
When I 1st came to the UK in the '80's from Ireland me dad told me to get a double shanked Tyzack, I got the better marshaltowns at the time. The ball bounces

The double shank was that the one you couldn't spin in your hand, I had one with a red handle. Still got one off the old tracks in the van sharpest trowel I have ever had, will take a picture when I get time

Status
Not open for further replies.