Tyson/Roy Jones

He should stay were he is and keep his legendary fighting reputation dignified,
the baddest man on the planet!

Don't want it to go ahead.

I feel I'm going to be let down and the memories that were, will go.

Make um both a good bit of money Tyson is a different man these days he got taken advantage of over the years so he deserves to get a bit of dollar back in his pocket he looks good in training (y)

Make um both a good bit of money Tyson is a different man these days he got taken advantage of over the years so he deserves to get a bit of dollar back in his pocket he looks good in training (y)
Is that right it’s only a 6 round exhibition with head guards?

Tale of the tape

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200725-102855_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200725-102855_Chrome.jpg
    992.8 KB · Views: 190
Both of their accomplishments are cemented in history nobody can take that away from either man.
I’d much rather see this fight rather than one of them get demolished by a younger fighter that wouldn’t of been able to touch them in their prime.
Just because fighters get old doesn’t mean that they want to stop fighting.

Who’s your money on? It’s an interesting one Jones has not that long ago retired and lived a healthy lifestyle however Tyson is a wild animal, I think is an early Tyson stoppage

It'll be all fine to start out, then Jones will clip him and Tyson will lose his head. He may not have the stamina now, but you can't change personality and Tyson is just one of those blokes you have to put down or put away to stop. So once the red mist descends it'll be up to Jones to defend himself and go for the KO.

I reckon it's the first fight in a long time that'd be worth the PPV.

It’s an exhibition. They are not supposed to go for it , the fight would be stopped if it’s anything heavier than sparring

Agree all very sad aint it what they become!

I think one of the saddest sights I have ever seen was at an exhibition/collectors fair in the NEC, I'd guess around 2007.

I was mooching about through a hall and there sat at a table with no one near it was Joe Frazier with a sign saying he'd sign autographs for a tenner. I was genuinely choked.

Smokin' Joe Frazier, was undisputed World Heavyweight champion and fought the likes of Foreman and Ali at a level current fighters could only dream of. From the absolute pinnacle of boxing to sitting in a hall not even raising enough interest to get a tenner a pop which by then he was badly in need of.

It’s an exhibition. They are not supposed to go for it , the fight would be stopped if it’s anything heavier than sparring

Yeah, 'cause Tyson is just the sort of bloke to listen. :LOL:

Anyway, don't forget that professional boxing is a pure racket. How much more marketable would Tyson's next fight be if he properly loses his sh1t in this one? The promoters know that and it's the main reason they're interested in putting the fight on. Tyson's still being used, but hopefully he'll manage to hold onto a few quid from it all.

Anyway, don't forget that professional boxing is a pure racket. How much more marketable would Tyson's next fight be if he properly loses his sh1t in this one? The promoters know that and it's the main reason they're interested in putting the fight on. Tyson's still being used, but hopefully he'll manage to hold onto a few quid from it all.
He’s the most liked convicted rapist out there

It was an Irish nightclub, he apparently did some gig or something, he was signing autographs, etc , I thought fuk this and went home , there were kiwis and Aussies there regularly , this was before his nonce thing came out , didgeridoo anyone

It was an Irish nightclub, he apparently did some gig or something, he was signing autographs, etc , I thought fuk this and went home , there were kiwis and Aussies there regularly , this was before his nonce thing came out , didgeridoo anyone
Rolf Harris , priests! There’s a pattern forming here :coffe:

It’s purely an exhibition with 16oz gloves and headguards. No one will get hurt and it’ll be a spar at best. Why anyone would think Tyson would be allowed a license at his age is ridiculous. He was shot to bits in his last 2 fights and Jones has no punch resistance left.

It’s purely an exhibition with 16oz gloves and headguards. No one will get hurt and it’ll be a spar at best. Why anyone would think Tyson would be allowed a license at his age is ridiculous. He was shot to bits in his last 2 fights and Jones has no punch resistance left.

Well they've confirmed 12 oz gloves and no head guards, so it looks like the tear up is on. Whether that's a good idea or not is up for debate.