Two Coat Render on New Concrete Blockwork

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueboyuk07

Evening All,

I am quoting for a Render job (Sand & Cement) and would appreciate some advice.

As I have not done too much render in a while can you please advise on,

1) Price per sq metre supply & fix approx
2) Price per sq metre labour only
3) Mix ratio coat one and two

Thanks in advance

Sean

Evening All,

Thanks in advance

Sean

Well Sean - if you don't know the answer to question 3, do you really think we should be telling you the answers to 1 & 2 ?:rolleyes)

oi oi savaloy hows it going mate ...........know how you feel mate barely being on here meself bunch of cooooonts the lot of em

oi oi savaloy hows it going mate ...........know how you feel mate barely being on here meself bunch of cooooonts the lot of em
Hi Spunky and others, I haven't been on for a while as I've been busy compiling a comprehensive (think Kirk styley) list of m2 prices for all the different aspects of the trade both labour only and supply and fix including regional variances. Now this has taken many many hours but I think my time will have been well spent in making things so much easier for all the know nothing chancers who pretend to be proper plasterers to nip in and take work from under the noses of those with their own knowledge and enough nounce to work out their own pricing structure.
P.S. I see you haven't been on much yourself Spunky as you've only managed 5221 posts, I dread to think what advise you've passed on lol.

Ha ha the other scary thing is I've changed my name twice which deletes the previous post count.......nice to see you on here again mate

Evening All,

Thanks in advance

Sean

scary , how can you quote for a render job when you have no idea about any part of it , best go for £ 50 pm2 and 3 to 1 with fibres

The reason for asking guys is that the previous rendering job I done on an extension @ 6/1 tops coat it was soft as s**t and even a slight knock would mark it, But I reckon it must of been the s**t sand which was clayey.
Anyway thanks for the sensible answers guys

He's got like bradstone stone walling (He told me it was Concrete blockwork) and he wants it rendered. After viewing I've told him it needs 4 coats. I've had a quote for expamet through TP and its around £4k inc fixings. The guy won't pay that. So he wants the Galvanised Lathe sheets which are cheap and will last long enough for him to sell in a couple of years. God only knows. I've had a quote from Locusrite @ £3-99 per sheet + VAT. He basically can't afford to have it done properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.