Twitch

• Thread starter Deleted member 32554
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 32554

Hi never had to yes a corner trowel before , just brush and work with trowel and always managed with working in different rooms to make things easy. Now on a site with other plasterer's who want to slap it all over and twitch . it's much quicker but I get tram lines , the corner trowel appears to be larger than 90 degrees , any advice be great

Marshall Town corner trowel and cut the corners off/round them with snips. You'll never look back, I had the same problem using other corner trowels and would try to do opposite walls. Now I love doing wet angles!

Hi never had to yes a corner trowel before , just brush and work with trowel and always managed with working in different rooms to make things easy. Now on a site with other plasterer's who want to slap it all over and twitch . it's much quicker but I get tram lines , the corner trowel appears to be larger than 90 degrees , any advice be great
Just trowel them in, they will go as the gear picks up and you will have learnt how to use a twitch, win win situation

More practice then , perhaps I'm using it too early
I generally trowel up the angle for first couple of trowels, then about 3rd go over I use angle trowel and it pushes the gear in nicely. When you get the hang of them they are quite enjoyable to use (or I'm just a weirdo)

Pretty much yes, you can always flatten them a bit after you twitched out, if it makes you feel easier about using one but really it’s just confidence and when you have the metres on, controlled panic
On my first coat I lay extremely flat , pull all corners carefully with finger on tip of trowel , lay another area on for 15 mins or have a fag then wet brush corner and lay top coat , flat , carefully keeping corners neat , brush and carefully again for finishing , if I use a twitch it just seems to run tram lines , I thought it might be the angle or perhaps only use it before final trowel

On my first coat I lay extremely flat , pull all corners carefully with finger on tip of trowel , lay another area on for 15 mins or have a fag then wet brush corner and lay top coat , flat , carefully keeping corners neat , brush and carefully again for finishing , if I use a twitch it just seems to run tram lines , I thought it might be the angle or perhaps only use it before final trowel
Are you loading the twitch with gear to fill the angle? Or are you just pushing like f**k so it touches as that will cause tram lines

If ive already pulled neat and square , I wouldn't think I would need to load the corner trowel

The ones greater than 90 degs were originally for taping & jointing. Theory being that you press hard, the thing closes to 90 and squeezes out the joint filler nicely.
They do make a 90, but I’ve got on fine with the splayed one as long as you don’t twitch too hard whilst soft ( that’s a life hack right there)...........

try this one. 102 degrees with some flex. Very happy with it.

You’ve got to use one when putting full room on or you’ll be f**k**g about with angles all day

Attachments

• FE29BEDE-7E78-4A7C-BDB5-EE098F3016D4.png
    FE29BEDE-7E78-4A7C-BDB5-EE098F3016D4.png
    104.8 KB · Views: 414
try this one. 102 degrees with some flex. Very happy with it.

You’ve got to use one when putting full room on or you’ll be f**k**g about with angles all day
I like the curved ends , screwfix have them , I will try just on final trowel also on every trowel and compare time and quality , got to get use to it