trowhawk

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
true........im sitting here right pissed off......i hate builders..cant pull their fingers out and be ready for the plasterer.......some moody excuse about floor boards ....not gonna start job till tursday earliest...and shes already given me a list of thing to do..woopieee....kin builders twots..lol rant over......

Turned up to do a mono job this morn as arranged (been booked in diary for four weeks ) and the wannnkers had it done by some one else "cuuuunt" no one answering door or my calls :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

there are some proper shhhit heads knokin about not even the decency to tell ya they have got a cheaper quote or they have had it done

i hate no call backs.. the Cheap rendering job i posted about on here u guys said it should have been 2x wot i put down, but still no reply and i drove past to day and some1 else has put a scratch coat on it??????????????/

phippsy333 said:
true........im sitting here right (french word)ed off......i hate builders..cant pull their fingers out and be ready for the plasterer.......some moody excuse about floor boards ....not gonna start job till tursday earliest...and shes already given me a list of thing to do..woopieee....kin builders twots..lol rant over......

You think that's bad Phippsy, I started skimming a house today (only just ready) that they asked me to push on and get finished by 15th August ??? ???

Think I would sooner carry a hawk round than a scoop plus a bucket?? alot of lads I know apply acryl render finish this way

someone posted a link from youtube of the inventor of this using it a year or so ago. he was a crap plasterer!

jimfish said:
pftmonojetman said:
Just seen this in local Builders supplies ??? ???
http://www.multi-stroke.co.uk/page9.html
Thanks for your comments on the trowhawk but as the inventor i designed it as a hawk and trowel combined hence the name trowel and hawk it has many uses bucket trowel .hawk .dabbing trowel. grouting hawk .patching trowel.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf5Er6Wos7o follow this link.And by the way the comment on being a crap plasterer ive just done ten bags of multi-finish with that trowel in four hours on my own and mixed myself first coat layed on flattened second coated . and finished . thank you.
Sell it to the dafty DIYer mate, they'll lap it up. ;)

10 bags in 4hrs... i must be slowing then m8 becuse i only used 8 bags of b/f today.
and just taken my second lot of painkillers becuse my necks killing me.

Fair play mate i know a lot of modern plastering is straight out of a bucket but some of us still use labs and spot and stands saves all that extra back ache.

no disrespect jimfish, but i watched you plastering on youtube. your longest stroke was about 2" and you were laying it on so thin you could hear your trowel scraping the artex you were trying to cover. 100m2 on your own? my the lord look sideways upon you...

mate if thats you on the video you are a lying barsteward 100 mtrs in four hours with that form going backwards and forwards for half a trowel full pull the other one what a load of sh iiiite

jimfish said:
pftmonojetman said:
Just seen this in local Builders supplies ??? ???
http://www.multi-stroke.co.uk/page9.html
Thanks for your comments on the trowhawk but as the inventor i designed it as a hawk and trowel combined hence the name trowel and hawk it has many uses bucket trowel .hawk .dabbing trowel. grouting hawk .patching trowel.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf5Er6Wos7o follow this link.And by the way the comment on being a crap plasterer ive just done ten bags of multi-finish with that trowel in four hours on my own and mixed myself first coat layed on flattened second coated . and finished . thank you.
Please be sensible this is a plasterers forum, I dont regard myself as a true plasterer, being only part of work I do, but I KNOW you cant put 10 bags on in four hours on ya jack jones, I do sets which take 2-3 hours and on my own 3 bags is pushing it. By the way Ive been grinding bucket trowels for the last 5 years cos I hate using spot boards on most domestic work.

jimfish said:
Pug said:
no disrespect jimfish, but i watched you plastering on youtube. your longest stroke was about 2" and you were laying it on so thin you could hear your trowel scraping the artex you were trying to cover. 100m2 on your own? my the lord look sideways upon you...
That scraping sound wasnt the artex you could hear it was a bonding called gypbond sand and glue base bonding when it drys its like sand paper it gives a good key for the first coat of plaster to stick to any way im qualified and have the certs to prove it and over twenty five years experience i run my own company and im never out of work so i cant be that bad with loads of very satisfied customers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf5Er6Wos7o follow this link its about this trowel not about me.oh and by the way wheres your video of you doing plastering.

troll ;D

1 dot, back to the bucket, 1 dot back to the bucket 1 dot back to the bucket...a good hawk full would do that a lot quicker, same with the skimming, 1 trowel full, back to the bucket, 1 trowel full back to the bucket etc etc just seems that your trying to fix something thats not broken, the hawk has worked for years and you get alot more on it than a trowel full. if it works for you though thats all that matters, but i dont expect it to catch on

Well Jim firstly I've watched both videos right through and will agree with you that the scrapping sound is because of the WBA you used. But now I'm going to agree with all the others on here and say that you have tried to fix something that isn't broken and there is absolutely no way that it's quicker to use your new tool than a hawk. I think the major mistake you have made on here is making daft statements about the amount of area you covered in 4 hours, when I was younger and hungrier than I am now I used to skim 90m2 to 100m2 a day (I rarely do more than 75m2 now) and know exactly what it takes to do these sorts of areas, speed of hand, a good method and a lot of sweat, and having watched those vids you wouldn't have a hope in hell of covering what you said in twice the length of time. If your going to try to sell to proper tradesmen you just need to show what you've come up with and tradesmen themselves with be able to see if there are any merits in the product, no amount of bull will change that, if anything just get peoples backs up, you've done yourself no favours.

I have just seen the vid it looks like a lot of hard work, I still would prefer a hawk and spotboard as it is less bending and my back already hurts with out all that extra bending. Even if you just used a bucket trowel and hawk you can get 3 times as much on a hawk saving you 3 trips to the bucket so with that "I'm Out" ;D

I can see it being good for replacing your bucket trowel purely for the curved edge conforming to the curve of the bucket but it simply will never replace the Hawk & spot board you just have to be a lot quicker than that thing will allow you to move. If I was doing a little job round a mates where a spot board was not needed I would use it to get the gear out of the bucket and then on my hawk but that's about it. It's a good product if you re-brand it as a nifty bucket trowel but a hawk replacement ain't happening. Well done for having the balls to conceive and produce it though.

Clint

P.S It didn't look to bad on the tiling either.

Status
Not open for further replies.