trowhawk

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw the tool in my local tool hire shop this morning looks a well made tool with a soft grip handle not a bad price , not for me tho don't like working out of a bucket, to much like hard work on the wrists and i only use wooden handles but i hope it sells for you.

bodplasterer said:
I have just seen the vid it looks like a lot of hard work, I still would prefer a hawk and spotboard as it is less bending and my back already hurts with out all that extra bending. Even if you just used a bucket trowel and hawk you can get 3 times as much on a hawk saving you 3 trips to the bucket so with that "I'm Out" ;D
Raise the bucket up onto the work plaform no bending is needed thanks.Think of the weight still left on your hawk once you youve took off the first float.

i see what your saying is wreck your back by lifting a 2 bag mix uo on to a platform so you can go backwards and forwards with a trowel full yea right
jimfish said:
bodplasterer said:
I have just seen the vid it looks like a lot of hard work, I still would prefer a hawk and spotboard as it is less bending and my back already hurts with out all that extra bending. Even if you just used a bucket trowel and hawk you can get 3 times as much on a hawk saving you 3 trips to the bucket so with that "I'm Out" ;D
Raise the bucket up onto the work plaform no bending is needed thanks.Think of the weight still left on your hawk once you youve took off the first float.

topmark please be sensible ;D.................how much are the trowhawk things a bucket trowels about a fiver

there we go so bod the new moderator .....congratulations bod ;D..............can obtain them for 2 pounds .........how much are the trowhawks ?

I cant see the bit on his post about the 100m2 but anyway the method of working he advocates is used all over the world other than countries with U.K. historical connections, USA, Aus, NZ, Canada etc, the only european country ive seen a hawk used is Holland, its what you are used to and how you are taught in whatever country you are in, for instance Spanish scaffold does not have the room generaly for a spotboard most of the time you work of one scaffold board so its straight out of the bucket onto the trowel but personaly ive tried it but still use a hawk.
Lucius.

yep wus in canada for 6 mnths rendering. they wrk srtaight out the bucket. cdnt grasp it my self so i always tried to knock sum sort of spot up on the limited scafold we wrked on. (p***d the lab of though cos he had to cum and tip my gear instead of jst giving me the bucket like with the other guys)

jimfish said:
Pug said:
no disrespect jimfish, but i watched you plastering on youtube. your longest stroke was about 2" and you were laying it on so thin you could hear your trowel scraping the artex you were trying to cover. 100m2 on your own? my the lord look sideways upon you...
That scraping sound wasnt the artex you could hear it was a bonding called gypbond sand and glue base bonding when it drys its like sand paper it gives a good key for the first coat of plaster to stick to any way im qualified and have the certs to prove it and over twenty five years experience i run my own company and im never out of work so i cant be that bad with loads of very satisfied customers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf5Er6Wos7o follow this link its about this trowel not about me.oh and by the way wheres your video of you doing plastering.
just watched the vid of you dabbing over old tiles/ painted blockwork ....wheres the gypbond mr 25 yers experience ;D

the trowhandboard would of been a better name but as a handboard i would have to say no but a bucket trowel yep.

spunky said:
jimfish said:
Pug said:
no disrespect jimfish, but i watched you plastering on youtube. your longest stroke was about 2" and you were laying it on so thin you could hear your trowel scraping the artex you were trying to cover. 100m2 on your own? my the lord look sideways upon you...
That scraping sound wasnt the artex you could hear it was a bonding called gypbond sand and glue base bonding when it drys its like sand paper it gives a good key for the first coat of plaster to stick to any way im qualified and have the certs to prove it and over twenty five years experience i run my own company and im never out of work so i cant be that bad with loads of very satisfied customers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf5Er6Wos7o follow this link its about this trowel not about me.oh and by the way wheres your video of you doing plastering.
just watched the vid of you dabbing over old tiles/ painted blockwork ....wheres the gypbond mr 25 yers experience ;D
your watching the wrong vid its the one plastering a ceiling which is bonded the one you commented on from last year http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fanKFeERkXA this one oh and by the way your comments on me being crap as a plasterer thats just one of my trades whats your plastering like then

you should gypbond tiles and painted blockwork before dabbing .........should have learnt plastering properly before you started others mate ;D

jim what is it exactly your trying to say about this trowel? its a good bucket trowel but a replacement for a handboard youve gotta be kiddin your vid on the ceilin shows this to slow you right down.

he could do with going to the toilet. its almost as if u hate that tool but u have to make use of it as you said it was good. even taking it home to flip pancakes over. useing it as a Frisbee any think but admit its no use, ur back will be F*Ucked soon

10 outa 10 for effort

steve_cov_spread said:
nothing personal to you jim, it just would have been funny if it'd fallen on your head
Try it with your hawk.and see what happens.It wont stick like t**t .i mean that( No disrespect)

steve_cov_spread said:
nothing personal to you jim, it just would have been funny if it'd fallen on your head
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ok let's not start getting personnel , if your not happy with the product then that's fine and your also entitled to your opinion on this , but let's keep it friendly, ;)

Jimfish you have to expect some criticism when you come onto an open forum and start advertising products, if you prefer not to receive any comments then we can remove the thread , that's not a problem , and you are welcome to carry on posting as long as it is not to promote your own products , if you wish to run an advert then contact admin

absolutely 100% agree sorry jimfish you didnt start this thread ....how much do they retail at mate?

As a bucket trowel good tool.........As a replacement for a hawk, just can't see it happening. :-\

Status
Not open for further replies.