Trowel sharpening

Members online

No members online now.
Hi guys I recently bought a carbon steel trowel (spring Steel) what’s the best way to get it razor sharp as I’ve heard they can get really sharp
You can get a brand new trowel razor sharp in no time if you buy good quality whet stones, I've got a set in my masterbatorium ( :coffe: )
I'll do little 10-15 minute sessions, it's great for the wrists, couple of days you can shave with it. Always keep a good stone in the van and sharpen on a window cill in-between sets

PXL_20210503_135847724.jpg

Looks great what stones to you have and what grades were should I buy them from also what’s the best techniques when using stones

Was a time a skimming trowel wasn't a skimming trowel till you rendered with it for a few years first!
That was the way, but also back then loads of float and set. Trowel for rendering, one for plastering and the finishing trowel.
That was then, now you've got a trowel for every day of the week

Loads
Looks great what stones to you have and what grades were should I buy them from also what’s the best techniques when using stones
Loads to choose from, the cheaper ones wear out quicker, you can get double sided ones coarse one side smooth on other higher the grade smoother the grain 800/2000 works well
Screenshot_20210512-095452.png