Tricolour ceiling

Members online

BobbyJack

Started a job today. (Yes I know it's Sunday but busy as fook) will be fitting it in between other work as it's not to far from home. Will put pictures up of the process. Started today with a 4 hour session consisting of mainly prep work. Sheeting up the area including floor and fixings such as radiators and lights. Repair to ceiling filling incorrectly placed speaker wire holes using 2 part filler followed by sanding repairs. Mask up 4 edges around ceiling in light trough and speakers. Prime the lid using a penatrative resin primer to save on time as I can get a coat of gear on within 30 mins of application. Apply first coat of marmorino medio in white.

20180812_135623.jpg
20180812_135632_001.jpg
20180812_143550.jpg
20180812_162343.jpg

Remove after the backing coat then 're apply fresh masking. After the first colour coat I will de mask and 're mask again for the last wet on wet coats and we mask after the wax is on

This is why I think you got no chance an average spread would be interested, ideal for a domestic who is clean and fussy.

This is why I think you got no chance an average spread would be interested, ideal for a domestic who is clean and fussy.

Possibly. Depends if the average spread wants to keep doing the same thing day in day out for the same money or change it up. Get to do something different while earning more money whilst taking their time to do it right

Possibly. Depends if the average spread wants to keep doing the same thing day in day out for the same money or change it up. Get to do something different while earning more money whilst taking their time to do it right
Is it as straining on the joints as it looks?

If you ever get any work around north Notts/south York’s id love to get a bit of hands on experience

Is it as straining on the joints as it looks?

Not really. Base coating is a similar amount of strain to spreading multi. You can take more time with it though and use two hands on your trowel. Top coating of fine gear is easier on the joints but can make you sweat more. Obviously ceilings are harder than walls on your shoulders and triceps

Managed to get back there this morning. 2 hours consisting of de masking. Re masking and apply the first colour coat of fine classic in dark grey
20180819_120933.jpg
20180819_130131.jpg

Looks good, what's your cost on materials on a job like this?
Hard to put an exact amount on it as I used half a tub or medio and half or fine. Also from a tub of primer I used very little and the tubs of wax will last for lots and lots of jobs. But if you was to buy all the materials required it would be about 400 ish but I would have a lot left over. I've not had to buy any for this job ad I've got gear left from other jobs

So I got back to putting the colour polish coats onto the ceiling today. There were two of us on the job today. Firstly a re mask of tape around the lid and speakers. Then a bucket and rag was used to clean the ceiling of all dust. ( first pic)
20180828_105137.jpg

Then we applied the first of 2 coats on top of the dark grey base colour coat. A medium grey first then once coated up straight on top with a light grey coat and polished with trowels. Today took nearly 6 hours with two of us. Back tomorrow afternoon to wax as I'm plastering on a house tomorrow day

These are the finished pics. I forgot to take a pic after the first of the 2 coats went on
20180828_151536.jpg
20180828_151549.jpg

Quite a grungy finish. But it goes quite nicely with the tiles on the floor

Not that there is much difference in the image but went back and waxed late thus afternoon . Demasked and speaker covers back on and everything tidied up. Took an hour and a half start to finish. Customer made up with the end result.
Back next week to micro cement the shower room
20180829_175332.jpg
20180829_175318.jpg
20180829_175309.jpg