Trainee plasterer/labourer Wigan area

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Webb

Hello ! My names Mike, I'm 27 years old, I live near Wigan and I drive.
I've joined the forum just to look around for now and do some research. I'm currently working as a labourer for a new builds company. The money is ok but I want my own trade ! I used to labour for a plasterer and enjoyed the graft. He used to earn a fortune ! So, I have enquired about different courses and the full time (2.5 days a week for a year) college course seems the best option? The next course date is in September so a long way off yet. Should I try to find someone to take me on as a labourer and have a go when I can now? Or should I try to get a part time labouring job for the experience once I have started the course?
Any advise would be great
Mike

Mike just because ur old boss made a fortune dsnt mean u will,makes me laugh them quotes..I'm being honest with you 27 is quite old to start in the plastering world you won't be earning decent money till ur 30 odd then that's not guaranteed..good luck anyway mike and stay away from any courses try to get in with a 2 gang or sumat is best option

Mike just because ur old boss made a fortune dsnt mean u will,makes me laugh them quotes..I'm being honest with you 27 is quite old to start in the plastering world you won't be earning decent money till ur 30 odd then that's not guaranteed..good luck anyway mike and stay away from any courses try to get in with a 2 gang or sumat is best option
Oh yer I know I understand that. Better starting late than never tho and spend the rest of my life walking around a building site picking up crap and cleaning up after lazy people ha ha earning enough just to pay some bills. If it takes years it takes years I have to start at some point. I take onboard what your saying tho I'm not expecting to be on good money straight away
I will keep a look out on here and try get one with someone.
Thanks for the reply

Oh yer I know I understand that. Better starting late than never tho and spend the rest of my life walking around a building site picking up crap and cleaning up after lazy people ha ha earning enough just to pay some bills. If it takes years it takes years I have to start at some point. I take onboard what your saying tho I'm not expecting to be on good money straight away
I will keep a look out on here and try get one with someone.
Thanks for the reply
Ye defo better than being a labourer for rest of ur life but it wil be hard for some1 to take u on as u will have to get minimum wage which is going up etc and its hard for a guy to justify paying them wages wen there can get a 17 for £3.30 a hour to do same job ur wage will be double and then some..

Status
Not open for further replies.