Top 10 things 4 a plasterers good day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincey

Private Member
i never done a post before and thought of this one today while looking at my wall waiting for it to dry and thinking everyone i know is on christmas holiday except me.
I think plasterers put up with a lot of crap on jobs i.e things not ready,people or other trades letting you down etc ...which i would call the rough of plastering but
because its christmas lets have some nominations for my

TOP 10 THINGS ABOUT A JOB THAT MAKES A PLASTERERS DAY SMOOTH(or good)....

my three nominations for top 10 are...

1.A skip outside the job that you didn't have to pay for so you can clear all the crap out the back of the van.
2.As soon as you arrive someone offers a proper nice cup of coffee.
3.The customer offers the cash for work on the first day before you even start.

ANY MORE NOMINATIONS ANYBODY ????

1. when your contact tells you that his has binned everyone elses quote.
2.when the client tells you cost is not important.
3.when you have covered you money by 1 30 and on the way home.

Looking forward to reading the latest thread on tpf and then discovering its a sh it one:RpS_scared::RpS_laugh:

sorry plasterman I couldn't help myself ,happy xmas:RpS_thumbup:

- Customer paying you for the job before you've even finished
- Your the only spread they've called as they saw work at customer x's house
- Working in nice empty houses / rooms
- Skip and hose pipe already setup at the job
- Decent brews and biscuits .... none of this custard cream b*ll***s ...

- Customer paying you for the job before you've even finished
- Your the only spread they've called as they saw work at customer x's house
- Working in nice empty houses / rooms
- Skip and hose pipe already setup at the job
- Decent brews and biscuits .... none of this custard cream b*ll***s ...

Wots wrong with custard creams, theyre ace with a cup of tea!!

a consent flow of well made tea
having the van parked close on driveway so not having to walk miles every time need somethingf

and a customer that appricates the hard work that goes in to plastering

customer telling you dont worry about carpets as they are going, realizing you may have to use the toilet and telling u where it is

There is some good ones there...keep um coming...

I forgot this one you leave at the same time as you
Always do and realise it's the school holidays and there's
No traffic

Is it ok if we pay you buy bank transfer today.
Kettle. milk. sugar, coffee, tea and assortment of biscuits and cakes left on the kitchen counter and being told to just help yourself cos we are off out.
Getting there and realising the joiner who put the stud walls in actually knew how to take the crowns out of CLS and has done so. oh and actually used a spirit level.
The trades you follow actually have some knowledge of how things should be built and have not left you sheite to either hide or sort out.
The sparkie has trimmed and coiled his wires neatly in the boxes for sockets and switches.

Is it ok if we pay you buy bank transfer today.
Kettle. milk. sugar, coffee, tea and assortment of biscuits and cakes left on the kitchen counter and being told to just help yourself cos we are off out.
Getting there and realising the joiner who put the stud walls in actually knew how to take the crowns out of CLS and has done so. oh and actually used a spirit level.
The trades you follow actually have some knowledge of how things should be built and have not left you sheite to either hide or sort out.
The sparkie has trimmed and coiled his wires neatly in the boxes for sockets and switches.

Bank transfer whilst stood there is a great one - forgot that :RpS_thumbup:

Things that make you feel like crap
not allowed toilet access,
no toilet on site
red route or double yellow lines and cameras
impossible parking
impossible loading following from above,
no skip.
whiney customers.

no toilet on site
impossible parking
no skip.
whiney customers.

Never been refused use of the toilet .... not that id drop the kids off in a customers house through politeness lol .... probably pack up if I couldn't have a pee

the customer has done what they were going to do :RpS_cursing: not like that clown with his man cave this week. when i got there hed put two boards up on the ceiling. six foot boards cut each cut into three sections and half hammered in with clouts :RpS_cursing: he forgot to text me that he hadnt finished the ******* thing. had twenty two boards in the van for the walls then had to do a sixteen mile round trip to b and q to get more for the ceiling. he paid for it alright though.

theyre not sitting there watching the ******* god channel in a pair of deckchairs like those nigerians last year. they havent got a stairgate when youre doing upstairs :RpS_cursing: they havent taken the skirts off and knocked half the ******* wall off with it :RpS_cursing:

er, coffee, coffee, and decent water pressure from the tap. not like someones pissing out of it.

images

no toilet on site
impossible parking
no skip.
whiney customers.
It does annoy me when the customer trys to say nicely (but degradingly)"please would you mind not using the toilet":RpS_cursing: makes you feel like as soon as there backs turned drop a big shlt in the toilet,dont flush it then p1ss on the seat! but i dont, i just say nicely"of course thats fine"

no toilet on site
impossible parking
no skip.
whiney customers.

Yep sounds like London ;)

Come to the darker side of the hemisphere bud, half of them won't be an issue :)

It does annoy me when the customer trys to say nicely (but degradingly)"please would you mind not using the toilet":RpS_cursing: makes you feel like as soon as there backs turned drop a big shlt in the toilet,dont flush it then p1ss on the seat! but i dont, i just say nicely"of course thats fine"

Hide something smelly within a stud or floor space then every time you pass you get this warm fuzzy feeling inside ;)

When customers let u do your job and stop asking constant questions like i bet your good at icing cakes!! And you have to act like you never heard that 1 before lol!! :RpS_wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.