Tools stolen in the Midlands?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date

Members online

4 vans got done round the corner from me last weekend, took 5 grands worth out my mates then did 3 more within 100 metres of his. Bout time expensive powers tools come with built in trackers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They need to do the same for second hand tools as they did for scrap metal. You can't buy them or sell them without ID and bank details.

Yo was lucky when mine got done most of gear was at me mates I was doing. I was a bit hungover and went out and back doors were open . I slammed em shut and called me Sen a few names . Got to job and couldn’t find radio then it dawned on me . Got senko gun and brand new dewalt radio a customer had give me of a job . It’s the inconvience it causes as well as the loss. You can loose a few days sorting replacements . But on other hand if someone had a load of megamixers from a warehouse going cheap I,ll buy one ..........shame on me

Yo was lucky when mine got done most of gear was at me mates I was doing. I was a bit hungover and went out and back doors were open . I slammed em shut and called me Sen a few names . Got to job and couldn’t find radio then it dawned on me . Got senko gun and brand new dewalt radio a customer had give me of a job . It’s the inconvience it causes as well as the loss. You can loose a few days sorting replacements . But on other hand if someone had a load of megamixers from a warehouse going cheap I,ll buy one ..........shame on me

Funny you should say that, a gypo come to the job today with 5 8.5kva diesel gennys in the back brand new. Really need one for the ritmo started at £250 then down to £150 was tempted but I’m big believer in karma. Showed me them in a book was €1300 plus vat. Am I stupid or not??

Funny you should say that, a gypo come to the job today with 5 8.5kva diesel gennys in the back brand new. Really need one for the ritmo started at £250 then down to £150 was tempted but I’m big believer in karma. Showed me them in a book was €1300 plus vat. Am I stupid or not??

Never trust them English gypsys ,

Seems to be a system with these van thefts, most that happen round here are at the weekend. Fri sat sun nights around 9oclock when decent stuff is on the telly or time when folk have put kids to bed and winding down. Middle of the night ones don’t happen no more. Must be because the noise they make rummaging through.

No mate you did the right thing good for you!

I would have told him to f**k off also hate the thieving scum!

Had a sparky on a job (not in a sexual way) he had his van nicked by pikeys they rang him up and told him to come and get his tools but he couldn’t have the van, got his number from his van he went and got his tools but the van wasn’t there

Done some work for em . Allways ends in tears.
If a mate had said he knew someone with some gennys say from a warehouse I.d of bought em all lol

Stay strong brother!!!! (y)

It's supply and demand, if dregs didn't buy nicked tools there wouldn't be a market for them. For me buying nicked tools is as bad as nicking them in the first place, as it's pouring petrol on the fire.

Cos people with no scruples will buy off each other , scrap yards are businesses, and I’ve never known anyone buying scrap between each other!

Done some work for em . Allways ends in tears.
If a mate had said he knew someone with some gennys say from a warehouse I.d of bought em all lol
Done a fair bit of work for some gypos up Leeds way on, dead right nice bloke paid up straight away always ring me up and says if works steady they’ll have us back anytime

Done a fair bit of work for some gypos up Leeds way on, dead right nice bloke paid up straight away always ring me up and says if works steady they’ll have us back anytime
Worked for two one was sound even tipped me 50. Second was sound to be fair just wanted to many xtras . Can remember first day . No water expected us to have fetched it so he went knocking people up asking to use their outside tap.ran out one day and he wasn' around to fetch some so we used water out of footings lol

Tje trouble with licensing the sale of second hand tools is that there is a lot of genuine reasons to selll tools as well

Cos people with no scruples will buy off each other , scrap yards are businesses, and I’ve never known anyone buying scrap between each other!

The vast majority of tools stolen are then put through carboots, ebay and as with the haul in the link I posted stored for such. If you have tools and no paperwork then you're handling stolen goods unless you can prove otherwise. It will also give plod the opportunity to wander round car boots and whilst checking for paperwork no doubt catch people for a range of other sh1t, including reporting them to HMRC, benefits fraud etc etc.

You'll never stop people stealing things, or other people being self-centred cnuts and buying it. But you can make it easier to catch them at it.

Tje trouble with licensing the sale of second hand tools is that there is a lot of genuine reasons to selll tools as well

So? No paperwork and you're either a thief or profiting from theft. So sort out the paperwork and you won't have a problem, which should be simple if you have a genuine reason.

The vast majority of tools stolen are then put through carboots, ebay and as with the haul in the link I posted stored for such. If you have tools and no paperwork then you're handling stolen goods unless you can prove otherwise. It will also give plod the opportunity to wander round car boots and whilst checking for paperwork no doubt catch people for a range of other sh1t, including reporting them to HMRC, benefits fraud etc etc.

You'll never stop people stealing things, or other people being self-centred cnuts and buying it. But you can make it easier to catch them at it.
Yea something is better than nothing I spose , but virtually impossible to police . You can’t get a copper to attend a burglary. Let alone walking around a car boot sale

Yea something is better than nothing I spose , but virtually impossible to police . You can’t get a copper to attend a burglary. Let alone walking around a car boot sale

Totally agree. You can have as many rules, regulations and laws as you like, but if there's no one to enforce them you're p1ssing in the wind.

As with most issues, unless it affects someone with power/influence then nothing will happen. The whole Part 'P' electrical thing only got started when an MP's daughter got electrocuted.