Today's ashlar block marking

Its a wonderful job that mate.

I always called it blocked effect, but never have I seen one done to this degree. Its stunning.

Never knew it was called ashlar or voussoir but you learn something new everyday in this game.
voussoir Is the name of the stones either side of the key stone :)

If you matched up fair enough, it will also be interesting to see the original. I was taught about Ashlar that you had a thinner block then a thicker block and so on through out, the voussoirs are the stones either side of the key stones above a window or opening.
You've got plenty of say on this site
Let's see some of your jobs?
And I don't mean shitting skimming jobs[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know a plasterer called Jason Sims by any chance mate, he lives in jersey as well,just presuming it ain't that big a world and might know him.
Great job by the way
Hello mate
I don't no anyone by that name it is a small place only 9 miles X 5
But you can go years without seeing people

Its a wonderful job that mate.

I always called it blocked effect, but never have I seen one done to this degree. Its stunning.

Never knew it was called ashlar or voussoir but you learn something new everyday in this game.
I do like doing work like this because it is different than most every day works

Nice looking job there bud[emoji106] done a small extension a few months back turned out well. Just out of curiosity, are u using the Ashlar cutting tool?

Nice looking job there bud[emoji106] done a small extension a few months back turned out well. Just out of curiosity, are u using the Ashlar cutting tool?

It's a tool that was made its a piece of steel 5 inches X 2 inches 5mm thick with a handle welded on.
It ain't pretty but works well

Completed the job today and think it'd turned out as good as it could considering how far out of plum the walls were
Few pics of the finished article
There's a couple of the original front that we had to try and match

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 224
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 248
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 210
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 202
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 252
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 253
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,000 KB · Views: 197
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 210
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 202
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 270
You were clearly no where near intelligent enough to be a plasterer I get confused with one computer let along three:hueco:
Hahaha lol 2 screens is the way forward and once you have 2 screens you will never go back.. the 3rd screen is a mac... will be adding 2 more screens to this when I get a chance to work it out as I need a couple more for my latest project

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Hahaha lol 2 screens is the way forward and once you have 2 screens you will never go back.. the 3rd screen is a mac... will be adding 2 more screens to this when I get a chance to work it out as I need a couple more for my latest project

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Fair play to you
Am not the best with computors I do struggle but went on a cource a few years ago to help with quotes and invoices and it did the job.