Timber frame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pmsl.......he such a typical angry jock with small man's syndrome.

Have a tattie scone and chill the fu@k out

Pmsl.......he such a typical angry jock with small man's syndrome.

Have a tattie scone and chill the fu@k out

I know that's why he won't buy a shed & he's making his own,
it's the jock genes I tell thee (not tartan Levi's) :rolleyes)

Right im building this at the weekend. Timber, door and windows all coming tomorrow. Now im rendering it does it need osb externally? Or can I just membrane straight onto the frame then counterbatten ready for the render board? Im going to use fibreglass insulation in between the studs and osb/ply the Interior so it'll be rigid enough.

You need to fit an OSB board to the outside of the TF studs - this acts as a sheathing / racking board and keeps all the studs vertical. You then fit a breather membrane outside this OSB and then the battens vertically through the OSB into the TF studs

Building a timber garage at home and Was going to osb then shiplap it but now debating whether to acrylic it.

Im still going to osb it but can I just buy some 25mm polystyrene as a cheaper alternative to renderboard?

Also what fixings would I need? Seen some that are like a drywall screw with a large metal head, would they be ok?

LOL

Did u do it solo or a chippy mate help u? Im pretty impressed to be honest.

I converted my own loft and it was functional but not pretty on the timbers.

A chippy mate helped me. In total honesty we did it 50/50 between us. Id have knocked it up myself easy but would have taken a few days on my own. Except the roof. I don't know how he worked it out pretty sure its voodoo. It would have taken me days to work out the pitch and angle of cut lol

Unfortunately mate its only 15m2 as that's the regs for a timber building within 1m of a boundary. I wanted to go 5x4
Originally so a small compromise. Itll be boarded next then roofed and rendered whenever i get time so the next photos may be a while

Status
Not open for further replies.