Tilers

I was thinking that. About the £
Most housing associations etc are paying in the region of £12 to £13 per hour for tradesmen but you will prob have to multi trade and judging by most of the work i see they probably should not be :(. Sparks and plumbers are generally on £14 to 15 per hour which for a sparks i agree with cos they have to have all the bits of paper but, for an ordinary plumber no, they are no better than a spread or bricky. However if they have the gas safe papers then yes they are worth the extra money. The quals for sparks and gas safe are not cheap and have to be updated every so often so the extra money is justifiable for it.

Just an old mans thoughts but what the fook do i know.

They might be on 12-13 an hour but they get pension contributions a months paid holiday,sick pay/paternity pay, a free van usage, paid fuel, free work phone, clothing etc. How much would all that add up a year for someone self employed.

I often see skimming work offered here for around 3 pound a metre,that's around a tenner a slab.If I could get the equivalent of that in those fcuking euros here in Ireland I'd be making good money.

I often see skimming work offered here for around 3 pound a metre,that's around a tenner a slab.If I could get the equivalent of that in those fcuking euros here in Ireland I'd be making good money.

How long would it take to Dunlavin for you Nicm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Further south, about 10 miles inland from Wicklow town. Takes me 50 mins to Dunlavin over the hills.
Gonna price a job there and might need a dig out?

Further south, about 10 miles inland from Wicklow town. Takes me 50 mins to Dunlavin over the hills.
Gonna price a job there and might need a dig out?

No problem giving you a dig out, be in the new year though,I'm working with two plasterers and a labourer and we've two big enough insides to do.Lucky enough we got the outsides done before the weather changed for the worse.Do you know a plasterer down around Bray first name Clement?.

No problem giving you a dig out, be in the new year though,I'm working with two plasterers and a labourer and we've two big enough insides to do.Lucky enough we got the outsides done before the weather changed for the worse.Do you know a plasterer down around Bray first name Clement?.
No, not heard of him Nicm

Should think tiling us therapeutic? Can't see it being a tiring job....

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Am in Ireland and it go's from €120 to €180 aday. And tbh it's the same for most trades here.
Day work in my area it can vary from £120 to £220 usually a decent spread that's established £150/£180ish I try to stay clear of day work and put m2 prices in or per room on refurb,if your quick enough you earn more than the above day rates and there's no arguing,it also usually sounds cheap to the builder/customer say £2000/£2500 to dryline and skim a 2 bed though I can d that on my own in 7 days.

Just landed a tiling job,75m2 900x150 tiles @ £25 a m2, £1900. Even if it takes me a week it's still better money than I get plastering,I hope to get it done in 3/4 days,you can see why people change to tiling,I prefer plastering even if the money isn't as good,just doing this one to help a mate out,I didn't even price it but I'm not going to argue with £25pm2 before Xmas.

My heart sinks when I hear about day rates...

They are shocking all of them,we are taught to think £150 a day is a good wage it really isn't in this day and age,I think £1000 per week is fair to good but I'll never be happy on a set wage I'll always want scope to earn more, lads I know at factories tell me about their pay rises gone up to £350 per week and over the moon about it,it's because they are some of the top earners at the factory now,i keep quiet but think am I the only one who looks at the bigger picture.

£3 is only €12.25 a slab I can get that in Ireland no problem

To be fair I get more than the equivalent in readies Nicm

Just landed a tiling job,75m2 900x150 tiles @ £25 a m2, £1900. Even if it takes me a week it's still better money than I get plastering,I hope to get it done in 3/4 days,you can see why people change to tiling,I prefer plastering even if the money isn't as good,just doing this one to help a mate out,I didn't even price it but I'm not going to argue with £25pm2 before Xmas.
Nice little earner that :)

Right am starting to do tiling. Where is the bloke that was over the tiling section so I can ask him questions. Can't think of his name. I think it was refina.

Now fellas I'm a tiler myself and plasterers make my life a misery boarding walls out of level not squaring corners leaving lips in the borading and dips and bumps in my experience plasterers jusy can't work to the fine tolerances us tilers do I've bin forced to do all my own prep work coz of this haha controversial I know

In my opinion the plastering trade has bin diluted with poor to average plasterers driving the price down sadly for the skilled guys the tiling trade went through a similar issue a few years ago when all the eastern European lads came over willing to work for £20 a meter slapping tiles on willy nilly and the public thought they was getting the same kind of quality and standards as someone like me or my dad work to which is laughable

Now fellas I'm a tiler myself and plasterers make my life a misery boarding walls out of level not squaring corners leaving lips in the borading and dips and bumps in my experience plasterers jusy can't work to the fine tolerances us tilers do I've bin forced to do all my own prep work coz of this haha controversial I know

dont want you to have tooooo much of an easy life :D

U plasterers are a sadistic bunch u just like to make it difficult I'm sure u get a kick out of it to be fair to him I just love a good moan haha buy if u want a job done rite do it ya self is what I say