Tilers wages!!!

Maybe

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I just did a full reskim and offered to put back up all the lights I took down, they said they would let the sparks do it and they charged £300 for 7 pendants and two wall lights, just the same as what was took down, two lads in and out in an hour and a half

That wasn't a dig at u zolco. People will say plasterers are making big money. I did a full house last month internal and external labour and materials €22000 did it in 3 weeks. Take tax and materials and wages out of that I made f**k all. The client i did the job for probably thinks €22000 for 3 weeks plastering I should be a plasterer lol

They don't see the materials, I'm sure they think the money is in your back pocket.
Saw an item somewhere on the net and stated that self employed earn 40% less than employed people.

I just did a full reskim and offered to put back up all the lights I took down, they said they would let the sparks do it and they charged £300 for 7 pendants and two wall lights, just the same as what was took down, two lads in and out in an hour and a half
Reading stuff like that just makes me hate plastering even more tbh

Out of all the subbies on our site its known im second highest paid lad on site .....kitchen fitter on top pay .
But christ he works from 7am to 10 pm.

Plumbers sparks joiners on roughly 7/800 a week ground workers £90 a day.(northwest)

The lads i grew up with down south are not on a great deal more.

That wasn't a dig at u zolco. People will say plasterers are making big money. I did a full house last month internal and external labour and materials €22000 did it in 3 weeks. Take tax and materials and wages out of that I made f**k all. The client i did the job for probably thinks €22000 for 3 weeks plastering I should be a plasterer lol
Neighbours grass always greener. I don't know anything about wages, as I got noone to employ, hence I done 7 x 14hr days last week.
There's money in plastering, obviously depends on what the expectations out of it. s**t hard work that's for sure.

For some reason lads charge on domestics what they earn on site (+20% cash)
Being a salesmen is part of the game.

If you have a bigger job and lads on hands...like anything in business....you'l make money on them.

I found when I've working regular on site for someone I earned more than working for myself, turning up for the domestic and the job isn't ready and many other reasons, another day lost.

Lets be honest where the fuuck does a grand a week get you nowadays bringing up 3 kids rent/mortgage/tax/holidays/bills/smokes/
Phones/cars/vans/food and thats the basics... the list goes on......
People swindling the system have a less hassle life.

Kind of making me laugh this thread .. Old Stu don't want to pay the tilers price and will probably have a go himself as he thinks he'll get to much for a day.. Yet we are all trying to do the same it's a constant battle to get a decent wage off someone for whatever we do.

Just pay the guy Stu if your tired you tight arse git and while he is tiling you can do a job for someone who will pay you..

Then it's cost you £0 to get the tiling done.

Kind of making me laugh this thread .. Old Stu don't want to pay the tilers price and will probably have a go himself as he thinks he'll get to much for a day.. Yet we are all trying to do the same it's a constant battle to get a decent wage off someone for whatever we do.

Just pay the guy Stu if your tired you tight arse git and while he is tiling you can do a job for someone who will pay you..

Then it's cost you £0 to get the tiling done.
You get me a job that's £30 a m2 labour only and I'll gladly pay him. I don't mind anyone making cash and can see how say a fiddly bathroom or splash back would cost that but not a big area with few cuts.

And less of the fking old

The point of the thread is the tilers all seem to keep there prices high while plasterers feel there ripping someone off if they charge anymore than £150 a day. You've just got to read some of the posts on them Facebook pages to realise that. Is there not guys knocking out four bedroom houses for around £800? That fking tilers making more laying my floor. Think it was Clemo hit the nail on head, our trade is full of scumbags Who are thick as fk and belive £150 a day is an amazing wage

Reactions: Pug
The point of the thread is the tilers all seem to keep there prices high while plasterers feel there ripping someone off if they charge anymore than £150 a day. You've just got to read some of the posts on them Facebook pages to realise that. Is there not guys knocking out four bedroom houses for around £800? That fking tilers making more laying my floor. Think it was Clemo hit the nail on head, our trade is full of scumbags Who are thick as fk and belive £150 a day is an amazing wage

Very true. Tbf a s**t plastering job is easier and cheaper to correct than a s**t tiling job so that's why there's more chancers, plus people do these courses just to skim, prob 1% if not let will actually become what was once known as a 'plasterer'.
Our trade has been divided into about 10 sub categories since the quick courses popped up.
You won't see many rendering courses because it's not as easy or quick to teach.

Be interesting if someone like gold trowel came on and explained how they think it's helps what they do apart from line there pockets but wouldn't see that happening with the stick they'll get!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My best mate been tiler for 20 years has always charged the rates being quoted Stu.you are right I don't know why they can charge what they do... It's just how it is..

Sorry you old fat git

It would take me 3 weeks to paper tape the boards and set the beads up! :raro2::loco:

I priced a job for a plumber that a friend knows the other day. Reskim a kitchen and a small utility room. The walls and ceiling are all gloss paint. So I priced to grit everything and skim at £480. He said that was far too much and expected it to be about £300! My friend told me the plumber charges a £80 call out fee and £40 an hour but is only wanting to pay another tradesman around 120 a day!

Very true. Tbf a s**t plastering job is easier and cheaper to correct than a s**t tiling job so that's why there's more chancers, plus people do these courses just to skim, prob 1% if not let will actually become what was once known as a 'plasterer'.
Our trade has been divided into about 10 sub categories since the quick courses popped up.
You won't see many rendering courses because it's not as easy or quick to teach.

Be interesting if someone like gold trowel came on and explained how they think it's helps what they do apart from line there pockets but wouldn't see that happening with the stick they'll get!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will be that 1% :) goldtrowels has changed my life...i went for a pint with andy the owner and he has got so much passion for the trade its infectious....shane the tutor genuinly cares and still txts me now to ask how things are going.....i liked his trowel he'd had for a few years when I was there as he let me use it show the difference of a good broken in trowel over my own that was new, he gave it me on the last day and told me to give it a good home. The people at goldtrowel are good people, if you think theyre misguided thats fine but their intentions are good.

Their intentions are to make money and flood the trade with workers. Nothing more.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Their intentions are to make money and flood the trade with workers. Nothing more.

I disagree....i got a labourer who has come out of the college system doing it for two years who knows a quater of what goldtrowel gave me in 6 weeks, the college system is an embarrassing joke, atleast goldtrowel try and show you how it will be in real life....theyd not taught him what pva did just told him to always put two coats on....and hes not a mong a good hard working young lad...he'd never used bomding or hardwall said they only did beading a few times, taught them to cut scrim with a stanley knife, never worked around a plug socket or got an edge on a skirting board, never heard of a wet angle, no coving, no floor screeding...........i'll take my course to that any day

Was thinking what would @stuart23 tiling look like if he had a go himself :risas:

I did what we all should do and think I found it :banda:

It's 10 minutes but at least watch the first 1 minute and read the bits at the start stu :wtf:

:risas::rebotando::tonto::hola:

I know a lot of people knocking GT but in reality 90% never makes it into the trade, and out of that 10% leftovers will be very little amount of people who will carry on as a spread.
I went onto a course a few weeks ago in Birmingham, there was 13-14 of us @ 360 a pop, learning about resin floors, there was no possibility to play with the gear by yourself on a sample board what you can take home with you after the course. I paid for the privilege to be able to purchase the product from the main uk dealer and to see the product on a hardi backer board applied by one of the head geezer, with very little advice regarding backgrounds and whatnot. Now there was a Glaswegian plasterer, he's now set up as a training centre offering the same course and the same mats for sale, just after 2 weeks of attending the"course", and now he's looking for installers nationwide. He's done 2 floors for himself prior to the course so he had some more understanding of the product.
The original course churns out one course a month, wonder how many courses will be held in Glasgow. Everyone in it to make money one way or another.
Most training centres intention is to cash in on the government funds as retraining is massive in this country, providers fishing for ex military people as they bring the funds too. They not bothered flooding the market with trades, they know it all well that only a small amount will be successful.