tiger stripes

Members online

I just wonder how much re-claim BG are putting back into there multi. Its got to be causing some of the problems.

on another thread one of the lads knows someone who works where it is produced and mentioned that they were distributing the unifinish with multi. I would of thought that had all gone by now though.

Had a bag of multi with lumps in it yesterday.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using The Plasterers Forum mobile app
yup had this myself the other day:RpS_cursing:first coat went on a treat then get lumpy shite for second coat

If I remember correctly when finish was grey stripes were unheard of. Anybody recall ?
from what i can remember finish was a lot better when it was grey,, we hated the pink stuff when we first got it and was glad when it went back to gray

from what i can remember finish was a lot better when it was grey,, we hated the pink stuff when we first got it and was glad when it went back to gray

Thanks Lee, its not that many years ago or maybe it is, pink appeared, lots of guys complained, grey came back for a while then disappeared for good. Probably discussed previous but are Carlite and Thistle supposed to be the same? Looks like thistle to blame, just my view.

they did try selling multi in waterproof bags,, not like the cement bags but with a layer of plastic inside,, it made the multi sweat and u got little hard balls in the gear

Let it dry and then sand it, that's your only hope pal.

Love to see the architects, customers face coming away with that one, best option for the quality finish plaster or render is knowing when to go on it, and that's all down to timeing which comes from experience.

We were other way round in Yorkshire.. 1st time I saw grey was like WTF...lol

Ive got to admit ive found that on my 2nd trowel lately that ive had some appear can just about get rid of them on the next trowel but a real pain. Had it on Board and Multi over varying background on 2 coat and 1 coat work.

This was another reason for considering a plaza aposed to stainless etc.

Ive got to admit ive found that on my 2nd trowel lately that ive had some appear can just about get rid of them on the next trowel but a real pain. Had it on Board and Multi over varying background on 2 coat and 1 coat work.

This was another reason for considering a plaza aposed to stainless etc.

The s*p*r*lex will eliminate any tiger stripes

Wtf are they ?? and im sure you dont need a plastic trowel to not get them ( whatever they are )

They are little tears in the top coat where it separates from the scratch coat slightly almost resembling streaky bacon.

They are little tears in the top coat where it separates from the scratch coat slightly almost resembling streaky bacon.
Ok, thanks... think this only happens when the 1st coat has dried in and the 2nd coat has gone off before you got it under control...

There upright lines **** knows how it happens and all plasterers at some point get them, if you don't know what they are chances are you're either being ignorant playing along or that rough you've always had them and never known any different

There upright lines **** knows how it happens and all plasterers at some point get them, if you don't know what they are chances are you're either being ignorant playing along or that rough you've always had them and never known any different
upright lines ...WTF... must be mint me then.. fukin upright lines...lmao..

im my opinion I believe its a lot to do with the ingredients in multi/board finish, Its happening more and more, never ever heard of them 15/20 yrs ago , unifinish lol and carlite finish was spot on, Maybe its the amount of retarder who knows outside of BG....

sucked dry in no time at side of carlite finish, it was hard work laying it in tight on browning/hsb/ bonding, well all gypsum based backing coats only good on s+c , to be fair its better to use on backing coats now but not brill on boards ,any difference in thickness and its likely to stripe in that area! one or two coats