Thin coat render virgin...

Members online

Sully9322

I all, relatively new to the plastering game, thanks to covid, I'm not where I'd like to be. So, took on a job for a mate to help him out landscaping. He's asked if I can k-rend a raised flower bed.
Now after doing a bit of reading It looks as i should choose the thin coat system with mesh.
I'm not particularly well versed in plastering and don't claim to be a plasterer but looking to get up into the imporover as I work in a good gang that shows me the ropes.
So, my first question I can spread, so would a two coat system 'k-rend type render' be a better option?
Or smash out a sand and cement render and just paint it?
Opinions welcome, and I'm sure I'll hit some rookie jokes aimed my way.

I all, relatively new to the plastering game, thanks to covid, I'm not where I'd like to be. So, took on a job for a mate to help him out landscaping. He's asked if I can k-rend a raised flower bed.
Now after doing a bit of reading It looks as i should choose the thin coat system with mesh.
I'm not particularly well versed in plastering and don't claim to be a plasterer but looking to get up into the imporover as I work in a good gang that shows me the ropes.
So, my first question I can spread, so would a two coat system 'k-rend type render' be a better option?
stay at home for more than one reason I would say :tanguero:

I hate the term “Smash out.” I hear it so much from the big b*ll***s types. Makes me YAWN and drift away thinking about naked women on foreign beaches, ice cold beers at pool side bars, blow jobs from dirty women, riding my motorbike across America, then, snap out of my dream and I’m still there listening to a plastering super hero and his tales of plastering success and smashery.

I hate the term “Smash out.” I hear it so much from the big b*ll***s types. Makes me YAWN and drift away thinking about naked women on foreign beaches, ice cold beers at pool side bars, blow jobs from dirty women, riding my motorbike across America, then, snap out of my dream and I’m still there listening to a plastering super hero and his tales of plastering success and smashery.

Yea thanks rossi, but if you read my original post, I state I'm new to the game and don't claim to be a plasterer, I'm mearly starting at the bottom....
Certainly not a plastering superhero and I'm telling no tales of plastering success, or smashery.
But yea, cheers...

nsh.gif

I wouldn't usually, but I've not even had a sniff of work since January. And to be honest, I'd like a good couple tins rather than the tesco finest range...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Do you drink on the job?? Be careful with landscape gardeners they say render that wall...garden wall with no footing or copings or retaining wall with no drainage/tanking...next thing you know the render is f**ked...they don't have a clue and most don't want to listen just slap it on themselves.

Most garden walls fail as FreeD says, But if you want to have a go use bagged render it is easier to spread for a novice. Weber ocr is eassy to use and Johnstones even easier.

Personally mate I would leave it if your not sure what your doing I've been spreading 18 years and I've never learnt the rendering aspect of the trade as I believe it's seperate to being an interior plasterer like myself granted I can float and set indoors,out doors is different ball game all together,so many variables that could hinder you doing a good job

Personally mate I would leave it if your not sure what your doing I've been spreading 18 years and I've never learnt the rendering aspect of the trade as I believe it's seperate to being an interior plasterer like myself granted I can float and set indoors,out doors is different ball game all together,so many variables that could hinder you doing a good job
Good honest advise, thanks mate. Didn't end up doing it and probably for the best. Decided to practice on my garden wall instead with sand and cement. Worked out OK, just need to get the hang of right to left instead of left to right...