Texturing winter

Tinytom

Is anyone still texturing? Iv got about 8sq m to finish off a job and get scaff die , spoken to the rep today and he’s said don’t bother till we’re over 5 degrees day and night.
I know it’s the sensible thing but really could do with finishing off, anyone still top costing if so what are you adding to speed up? The rep (Johnstones) reckons accelerator won’t work

Is anyone still texturing? Iv got about 8sq m to finish off a job and get scaff die , spoken to the rep today and he’s said don’t bother till we’re over 5 degrees day and night.
I know it’s the sensible thing but really could do with finishing off, anyone still top costing if so what are you adding to speed up? The rep (Johnstones) reckons accelerator won’t work
They have go by the book! I've done em and they've froze up in a wet state, then defrosted wet a couple of days later, then set perfect :bailando:

@Rossi46 do I need to educate Tom as well

We have been using the sto qs topcoat on our sites since early October and have only had 1 wash off, think the gear is pricey though

Although we did do an Aldi with heck/wetherby with their additive and it was still not fully gone after 2 days

Although we did do an Aldi with heck/wetherby with their additive and it was still not fully gone after 2 days
Wetherby don’t have an additive. No doubt you used 4S. Supposed to be winter grade but as you say, slowest setting s**t going.

Wetherby don’t have an additive. No doubt you used 4S. Supposed to be winter grade but as you say, slowest setting s**t going.
Heck ED the topcoat was wetherby supplied. If it’s on top of their k+a adhesive base coat they say you don’t have to prime. Our boss can be over the top in terms of primers, bonding agents, stress patches etc when they are not specified. So he also got the primer, older boy that works with us reckons that’s what held it back

Heck ED the topcoat was wetherby supplied. If it’s on top of their k+a adhesive base coat they say you don’t have to prime. Our boss can be over the top in terms of primers, bonding agents, stress patches etc when they are not specified. So he also got the primer, older boy that works with us reckons that’s what held it back
I’ve never tried it with no primer.
We got lucky today, two gables done and it dried nicely. Heating on full inside. 1mm though, dries a bit quicker.

I’ve never tried it with no primer.
We got lucky today, two gables done and it dried nicely. Heating on full inside. 1mm though, dries a bit quicker.
We had one of the polish squads in our work do a dryvit job, think the topcoat is 0.8 someone mentioned. It looks horrendous, every single bit where the basecoat wasn’t perfectly flat looked like a bald spot/miss

We had one of the polish squads in our work do a dryvit job, think the topcoat is 0.8 someone mentioned. It looks horrendous, every single bit where the basecoat wasn’t perfectly flat looked like a bald spot/miss
Yeah you’ve got to be spot on with the base coat. Does look nicer done right.