Take the hit ?

Members online

Those days have gone for me lol 3 ceiling a week for me. Say 650 pounds 3 ceilings couple little jobs between still plenty energy to service Mrs and run up snowdon. Up ther for thinking down ther for dancing
What it is I think you need to use more of brain in this game it not about how much work you can do in a day or how much you charge. It about planning spreading your work for the week. Or other wise you burnt out and a miserable f**k*r and might end up in graveyard before you see your kids grow up

So uve earned £450 between 2 lads in 2 days..plus time getting materials..diesel money etc..and ceilings were 2.6 high...f**k me pal
No £650 was the price for all 3. We done 2 . So that’s £433 inc gear for 1 man and a lad . Less £110 for gear . So that’s £323 and done for 2.30 . £90 for lad £233 for me . Steady day . Don’t get me wrong it would of been better if we had the 3rd one to go at .

9m2 this ceiling..got £660..just cant get my head around it,no carpet or sheeting..nothing

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191202-193315_Photo Editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20191202-193315_Photo Editor.jpg
    803.2 KB · Views: 265
No £650 was the price for all 3. We done 2 . So that’s £433 inc gear for 1 man and a lad . Less £110 for gear . So that’s £323 and done for 2.30 . £90 for lad £233 for me . Steady day . Don’t get me wrong it would of been better if we had the 3rd one to go at .
Cash ye?

9m2 this ceiling..got £660..just cant get my head around it,no carpet or sheeting..nothing
That’s mint money mate . Don’t get me wrong I’d have that all day long but if I put that quote it I’d never get the call back . Personally I don’t think I’m cheap but maybe I am . I must live in an area of tight c**ts . It’s still £2.80 sqm on site around here and I would struggle to earn £200 at that so I’m happy with what I’m earning .

That’s mint money mate . Don’t get me wrong I’d have that all day long but if I put that quote it I’d never get the call back . Personally I don’t think I’m cheap but maybe I am . I must live in an area of tight c**ts . It’s still £2.80 sqm on site around here and I would struggle to earn £200 at that so I’m happy with what I’m earning .
As long as youre happy thats all that matters,but please put your prices up.

If the customers being reasonable then be reasonable back. Sometimes it’s difficult to fully clear the room. If they’ve made a good effort , I don’t mind.
That's where good reputation and follow-up Jobs come from

If you live in an area flooded with spreads it’s hard to get decent money. So many out there working for peanuts.

Mate I'm north,I work site and domestics..we are mainly site bashers..we board houses 4 the skimmers we only skim on our jobs as we wont skim 4 rates that are offered but we make good money boarding as we are quick..we pull off from time to time to do domestics or 1 of us will whilst other stays on site and everything gets split evenly as we are ltd company

Mate I'm north,I work site and domestics..we are mainly site bashers..we board houses 4 the skimmers we only skim on our jobs as we wont skim 4 rates that are offered but we make good money boarding as we are quick..we pull off from time to time to do domestics or 1 of us will whilst other stays on site and everything gets split evenly as we are ltd company
I know lads who do the Same they can tack&dab a plot out quicker than skimming it on same rates . So why skim it . They just skim on weekend jobs . I hate skimming on site especially in winter . That’s why I went domestic. Plus i was leaving to good a job to make any money .

What it is I think you need to use more of brain in this game it not about how much work you can do in a day or how much you charge. It about planning spreading your work for the week. Or other wise you burnt out and a miserable f**k*r and might end up in graveyard before you see your kids grow up
Lurpak am I taking sense or what. I'm going to be next Lloyd George use drink whith him local. move over Boris Johnson corbun waste spac
Your like me m8 if ive got enough to pay bills family im happy. As I say Im as cool as a cucumber working do good decent job. Il never kill my self now days becouse health to me is more important. 5 years morgatge cleared income from a b and b house. Il be 52.il put money on it lads that have killed them self's on here will be fuked. And how much more than me will they have wheel chair maybe and bout 20grand more in the bank

I know lads who do the Same they can tack&dab a plot out quicker than skimming it on same rates . So why skim it . They just skim on weekend jobs . I hate skimming on site especially in winter . That’s why I went domestic. Plus i was leaving to good a job to make any money .

fook knows how can board quicker than skim. Usually more £ for boarding

A lad I know averages 90 boards a day f*** knows how

Yep..takes a day longer to skim..plot gets split evenly down middle..but lads were moaning on our job about boarders doing it quicker etc and getting same money so I said why dont you board then..in a nutshell he boarded 1 about 2 weeks later he left the plot half way through boarding it..we finished it..cudnt make it pay..got to have a system going on,skimmers just think it's easier until there try it themselves

Yep..takes a day longer to skim..plot gets split evenly down middle..but lads were moaning on our job about boarders doing it quicker etc and getting same money so I said why dont you board then..in a nutshell he boarded 1 about 2 weeks later he left the plot half way through boarding it..we finished it..cudnt make it pay..got to have a system going on,skimmers just think it's easier until there try it themselves
Only time we made it pay was having two sets then Board for rest of day .

Lurpak am I taking sense or what. I'm going to be next Lloyd George use drink whith him local. move over Boris Johnson corbun waste spac

Your like me m8 if ive got enough to pay bills family im happy. As I say Im as cool as a cucumber working do good decent job. Il never kill my self now days becouse health to me is more important. 5 years morgatge cleared income from a b and b house. Il be 52.il put money on it lads that have killed them self's on here will be fuked. And how much more than me will they have wheel chair maybe and bout 20grand more in the bank

Definitely. I’ve always said I cannot think of a worse game to be in if not earning nice doe. I can labour for pals civil company @ £150/£180 a day. Few the lads got all the tickets n pulling in mega doe.

Id rather be able to take my time a bit and do it right for people who want it right and have the money to pay for it. The words “quick skim” or “plaster patch” send shivers down my spine.

Called this before too many just charge £150 a day when pricing
+ the materials ... just skimmers not businessmen

Your welcome
Your right mate . I would probably get way with it with private customers but your small builders already have an idea what they want to pay .