windy

Private Member
Hi all

losing a few jobs recently as not go the proper kit to do big
so far I have
hop up ladders x2
builders scaffold trestle x2
y frame ladder

no I need some scaff planks. Place locally sells em so need to know how many and what lengths I need to tackle a large drop hsl?

cheers

We always seem to end up cutting them down to fit awkward jobs but worth having at least 4 full length and 2 split in half.

I have a few 7 ft boards. Beer crates and a couple of hop ups. Got one of them staircase off set ladders with platform. Rarely gets used though. Always find the settings dont always match the stairs so the platform isnt level. Normally knock something up to suit.

99% of hsls I do with my 6ft 2 tier ladder and a plank. I have half a dozen ranging from 5ft to 10ft

Doing a stair case is always akward cut batons to suit timber at the bottom of ladders stop them sliding always ends up like an assolt coarse

Pair of step ladders but, the type that extend up as well as open out. 8ft battern, hop ups and beer crates, I also have a few lengths off cls 3ft & 4ft that i will sometimes fix to a wall and screw end of battern into it.

hello Windy, go for doubling up the planks. They do bend when supporting the larger plastering gentleman. ( I'm about 14st).

Thats pretty heavy, Ryan. And you dont appear that tall on the BG tour photos. You need to start watching what you're eating or you'll end up looking like an umpa lumpa. Unless it's your metabolism.

I would use 8x2 as your battens , one would be fine then up to 8 ft even for a heavier man , its all we use and my dads tall and a canny size..... A havnt seen um on the scales but around all ur weights ,

I remember when plasterers used to be slim and muscular - o they call us dinosaurs now on the forum :RpS_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.