Hall stairs and landing pricing help

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparcoace

Hi All.
How much should a hall stairs and landing (walls and ceilings) cost? Just after some advice. I'm fairly new to plastering and i quoted £300 inc and meterials. its a 3 bed house fairly big HSL and theres lots of small bits and angles. Feel a bit (french word)ed with my self really. How much should a HSL all in cost? I live 20 miles north of London if it helps too. Regards

sparcoace said:
Hi All.
How much should a hall stairs and landing (walls and ceilings) cost? Just after some advice. I'm fairly new to plastering and i quoted £300 inc and meterials. its a 3 bed house fairly big HSL and theres lots of small bits and angles. Feel a bit (french word)ed with my self really. How much should a HSL all in cost? Regards

£300 sounds cheap, have you taken into account all the sandpaper you'll need ?

theyre all different. That sounds quite cheap, would have thought about £5oo/£650. 3/4 days
for 1 man +£40 mat

no in woodend you do it for free, just so they don't stab you. you a cov lad diggler?

I could team you up with Kirk bruce. 3 bottles for you and £2 a day for him! This time next year I'll be a millionaire

You want to look at breaking it up in your mind into sets, how many sets you can do in a day, divide one into the other, hey presto number of days it it's gonna take, times your rate plus materials equals job price! Simples!

sparcoace said:
Hi All.
How much should a hall stairs and landing (walls and ceilings) cost? Just after some advice. I'm fairly new to plastering and i quoted £300 inc and meterials. its a 3 bed house fairly big HSL and theres lots of small bits and angles. Feel a bit (french word)ed with my self really. How much should a HSL all in cost? I live 20 miles north of London if it helps too. Regards
we are luton and we normally charge 5 or 6 wiv materials dependin artex celings sheetin up etc

Skimming over Artexed ceilings as well for £300! There would be no chance I would do that work for that price I refuse to touch a small artex ceiling for any less than £120 as I F*****g despise doing them

£300 sounds cheap,but if its only a 2 day job,it better than nothing.And nothings what i had for 3.5 days last week.

I completed an average size h/s/l recently for £500 and it was fully artexed and all needed bonded out .
That price was including mats and it took me 4 days and I think I under priced it by about £150! :mad: :mad:

steve cov said:
no in woodend you do it for free, just so they don't stab you. you a cov lad diggler?

sure am, and may well be returning to the crapy fold. Although not Woodend !

£300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh dear i bet he bit your hand off! i always go by what spunky told me after a few years ago i priced a H/S/L with no ceilings at £550 i always charge at least £750 on a H/S/L!

It depends on how big it is how long it will take a few years ago my sister asked me to do her h/s/l but as it was family i didnt realy want to do it so she got a quote at £400 but she didnt go for it so i ended up doing it was just the walls as she was happy with the ceilings, it took 4 bags of multi a couple of beads bit of pva i was finished by 1 and some one was gonna charge her £400 :eek: she wanted to give me £60 but i just thought it was an insult and refused any money.

Bod said:
It depends on how big it is how long it will take a few years ago my sister asked me to do her h/s/l but as it was family i didnt realy want to do it so she got a quote at £400 but she didnt go for it so i ended up doing it was just the walls as she was happy with the ceilings, it took 4 bags of multi a couple of beads bit of pva i was finished by 1 and some one was gonna charge her £400 :eek: she wanted to give me £60 but i just thought it was an insult and refused any money.
gotta love workin for family..

sparcoace said:
Hi All.
£495.23p

Status
Not open for further replies.