Suppliers & broken promises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jgreenplastering

Private Member
Who else is fed up with the bullshit suppliers feed you regarding lead times etc.

I ordered 15 bags of g20 Monorex from SIG about 4 weeks ago.
Special order so I knew it would be a good week or 2 wait so rang early.
The first lot come in and they decided to sell some of it to some else and leave me with 3 bags!
So ordered again.
They then said yesterday or today.
Now it won't be here till Monday and what annoys me the most is I make promises to my client and then feel like dick when I have to ring and explain the situation to them and it just sounds like I'm full of s**t!

I'm not a massive buyer but I spend upwards of £10k on materials from them and others.

Usually I'd just ring round and go somewhere else but it's not just a case of buy elsewhere as I'd be waiting again!

Anyone else got stories on bulkshit fed to them?

Who else is fed up with the bullshit suppliers feed you regarding lead times etc.

The first lot come in and they decided to sell some of it to some else and leave me with 3 bags!
So ordered again.
Now it won't be here till Monday and what annoys me the most is I make promises to my client and then feel like dick when I have to ring and explain the situation to them and it just sounds like I'm full of s**t!

I'm not a massive buyer but I spend upwards of £10k on materials from them and others.

Usually I'd just ring round and go somewhere else but it's not just a case of buy elsewhere as I'd be waiting again!

Think a lot of people go direct to parex JFE does.. Probably a minimum order though..

Not as easily sourced as weber that's for sure.

Parex want about £60 carriage charge.

We use Rendit in Doncaster, Encon and will be using P1ss for Parex as they have just started stocking it apparently as well as Mapei gear.

I don't touch minster anymore due to them delivering late and sending out the wrong PIR boards a few years ago and refusing to swap them straight away, I was spending about 15k a year with them but I have since took my business elsewhere.

For render, SIG, Minster and the like don't really know what they are selling, plenty of render merchants popping up who sell render, primer, beads from different manufacturers who know what they are on about.

James at Rendit is a good bloke and knows his stuff, helps us with guarantees and any questions we have, I had 100 bags of monorex from him last week and he called me this week to ask how the job was going and if the gear was ok, you won't get that from the big plastering merchants, Dave Anderson at P1ss is also a very clever guy who goes out of his way to keep in touch and offer support.

We may have G20 in stock. I'm away today but if you call the office on 01243 236699 they may be able to help you out.

We do special orders for customers and keep it safe for them. We won't sell it on if you have paid and ordered it.

Thanks for the offer! Realistically you'll not it to me before Monday would you?

I'll def call next year when I start my outside jobs again. Thanks.

I order from SIG all the time and it's because I'm stuck in a group deal, done by the builder. They don't have to give me customer service and they are always short of items and expensive. Like I said, I carnt buy from anyone else so I'm stuck...

Always a good half hour 40 mins waiting for the dicks to rock up on there pallet trucks!! I prefer ccf but they don't stock parex..

NDI are the same and try and rip me off everytime I go in. Even loaded me with a pallet of OCR that was 14 months old expecting me not to notice.

Here pictured measuring gable ends :inocente:
images (81).jpg

So ordered again.

I use sig as my main supply if they ordered in for me ..no way they would sell to someone else...maybe just the staff at yours are thick or don't care.

I used to have credit accounts at 4 different suppliers/merchant now I just pay cash when order or buy .so I know how much s**t costs..got fed up with prices always changing depending who serves me..Travis the worst for it..even thought about setting up my own warehouse to supply the plasterers in u.k rock bottom no gimmick,no trick buy or bullshit prices...but i doubt I could ever get it off the ground and don't really want the stress of doing something like that..unless 20000 TPF members say I should then I get it sorted..:boxeador:

I order from SIG all the time and it's because I'm stuck in a group deal, done by the builder. They don't have to give me customer service and they are always short of items and expensive. Like I said, I carnt buy from anyone else so I'm stuck...
What do u mean by stuck in group deal?

So ordered again.

That's unacceptable is selling your gear on.
Shop around, some suppliers are better than others, on service and price.

Think a lot of people go direct to parex JFE does.. Probably a minimum order though..

Not as easily sourced as weber that's for sure.
Parex don't have direct account no more regardless of how much you spend.
It was more when they first came over here, now there the market leader they don't need to offer a direct account. We're over 100, 000 a year with parex and they still don't want to know.they scrapped mine a few years ago.

Parex don't have direct account no more regardless of how much you spend.
It was more when they first came over here, now there the market leader they don't need to offer a direct account. We're over 100, 000 a year with parex and they still don't want to know.they scrapped mine a few years ago.
Good to know f**k them then !?

I find I get problems with all suppliers, I don't stick with one I use encon minsters, just who ever is nearest quickest etc.
Even Buildbase who I use for my building gear can be a nightmare!
I'm afraid I don't look like that Jordan, still a bloody good looking kiddy though....just saying.

There a victim of there own success I guess.

Sensible hat on.

I would imagine that the logistics of trying to service hundreds if not thousands of small accounts themselves would be next to impossible. 20-50000 tonne a week I was told that the plants kick out.

They would then have the problem that no one would want to stock the gear if they were supplying direct. They would be in competition with themselves effectively.

I use Encon a fair bit and deal with one guy there who looks after me.
There no delivery charge either even if it's 1 bag I want.
It's not good that there selling the gear you've ordered though.

Status
Not open for further replies.