Stolen Van and Plastering tools..

No sign of my van or tools at all. Police told me after just three days that they had stopped investigating it and consider it as 'unsolved'.
I'm still in a hire van at the mo and slowly getting new (and some old) gear together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heartbreaking mate, we all know that the police are stretched, but you'd like them to at least try.
Hope the insurance pays up, you might have to haggle.
I had a vehicle catch fire after a service......damaged fuel pipe we,think....
Insurance offered a paltry sum, so I scoured around for vehicles that matched mine and used that as leverage......I insisted that they supply me with a similar vehicle to mine no matter what the cost to them.......they upped the offer to a more realistic amount.
Hope you can get sorted soonest mate. All the best.

Sorry to hear about your loss, I had £5k of tools robbed out of my van in December had cctv even got their number plate. rang the pigs said they will send someone round and will ring me when they are coming. never heard from them for two days, I even got a parking ticket from a copper the same day I had to lol or I would have cried
The copper said they know who they are but need more evidence I never got my tools back and only got 4k from the insurance :cry:

Janes car got nicked and I found where the culprits lived and even with CCTV evidence they said there was not enough evidence... Whats more annoying was that they offered jane £200 for the car but said there was £250 excess to pay... What was the point of insurance?

Heartbreaking mate, we all know that the police are stretched, but you'd like them to at least try.
Hope the insurance pays up, you might have to haggle.
I had a vehicle catch fire after a service......damaged fuel pipe we,think....
Insurance offered a paltry sum, so I scoured around for vehicles that matched mine and used that as leverage......I insisted that they supply me with a similar vehicle to mine no matter what the cost to them.......they upped the offer to a more realistic amount.
Hope you can get sorted soonest mate. All the best.

They have to supply you with a like for like vehicle... if you crash your bentley then they have to give you a Bentley or similar not a ford KA... there are companies out there that fight this for you as a living :D

They have to supply you with a like for like vehicle... if you crash your bentley then they have to give you a Bentley or similar not a ford KA... there are companies out there that fight this for you as a living :D

The normal Joe soap doesn't know this thou. They tried it with me offering 2k for my zafira after someone cat-c wrote it off. I knew I could bargain with them so found similar cars at near 5k. Near sure we settled at 4.5k after some back and forth.
Wish go f**k I had of knew I could haggle when a pipe burst in my house one winter. I accepted a 5k offer straight away. I was rubbing my hands at the time because all I did was dry everything out, fix the fitting and skim a patch on ceiling then paint it. Turns out same thing happened to a friend and he ended up with 17k because he knew to haggle and adding things like Skip hire etc... To the claim.

The normal Joe soap doesn't know this thou. They tried it with me offering 2k for my zafira after someone cat-c wrote it off. I knew I could bargain with them so found similar cars at near 5k. Near sure we settled at 4.5k after some back and forth.
Wish go f**k I had of knew I could haggle when a pipe burst in my house one winter. I accepted a 5k offer straight away. I was rubbing my hands at the time because all I did was dry everything out, fix the fitting and skim a patch on ceiling then paint it. Turns out same thing happened to a friend and he ended up with 17k because he knew to haggle and adding things like Skip hire etc... To the claim.

yup I treat everything like a game and insurance companies are no different... I hate the bastards... even when you get an agreed value of a vehicle they still dont want to pay it... hate them with a passion and dont even get me started on travel insurance