Starting out

Members online

spunky

Private Member
Is Venetian/polished plastering worth it? Has anyone done the course route I’m tempted to have a go myself but honestly don’t know if i can gain the experience through a course and is the work really out there, I do know a builder who would be very interested obviously it won’t keep me going full time any info and experiences welcome thanks

Course won't give you experience marra. As a plasterer already it wouldn't be as difficult to learn and pick up the basics. My honest opinion would be this, if you can spare the money to learn the basics and your interested in the products and what can be done then get involved. The course cost can be wrote off as training. If your not keen when your done then yiu have only lost your time on a course. If you like the idea and what can be achieved then you might do something at home to start and soon enough pull a job for it and get back your investment.

Is Venetian/polished plastering worth it? Has anyone done the course route I’m tempted to have a go myself but honestly don’t know if i can gain the experience through a course and is the work really out there, I do know a builder who would be very interested obviously it won’t keep me going full time any info and experiences welcome thanks
I’d say there’s a market for it mate, there’s a guy near me that does it, he seems to do a lot of barbers and these salons, maybe feature walls in hallways on bespoke homes too if you know the right builder and architect

Work can be boring. If you’ve got the time, interest and a few quid, then just go and do it. If nothing else, it’s a talking point.

In all my time plastering.i.ve known one customer to have it done.

In Bath room

And it f**k*d up
same here john seen it done once it was just lime putty to soft i thought to my self went back a few month later and it was rubbing off

same here john seen it done once it was just lime putty to soft i thought to my self went back a few month later and it was rubbing off
There good products if used on right areas.

Shower areas - Microcement or tadelakt.
Out walls - above or venetian plaster waxed.So many people using wrong products and thinking that they can YouTube and it's just like plastering.If you know what your doing and how to target market it's not that hard to push.

I'm just hated by alot of tilers lol

There good products if used on right areas.

Shower areas - Microcement or tadelakt.
Out walls - above or venetian plaster waxed.So many people using wrong products and thinking that they can YouTube and it's just like plastering.If you know what your doing and how to target market it's not that hard to push.

I'm just hated by alot of tilers lol
tiling is a thing of the past i think joints are the big let down