stabilising solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

christ

Private Member
used stabilizing solution for the first time 2 today......... the job was a reskim on old plaster wall, which were previously tiled, the customer knock all the tiles off and tried filling the walls with light weight filler, you could rub the filler of with your hands...... so i applied 2 coats of everbuild interior stabilizer and when it dried the filler was rock hard... and the rest of the walls were sealed and free from dust... definalty recomend this stuff on reskims.

is this like a bondin agent? and while im on it i got 12 artex ceiling to skim next week do you think i should use bond it and skim or PVA first then bond it..?

ok .. i find it a bit thick so i add PVA and a lil bit or water to the tub goes on better

I often use stabilsing solution on external paint jobs when the paint is flacky i slap a coat on then 2 coats trueguard masonry then another coat stabiliser to seal it.
It sgood stuff designed to slow the suction rate of the paint and hold the friable or flacky paint together.
I never thought about using it on flacky interior walls and skimmin over it.
i can see it helping out though no doubt....good tip !!!

Mate .Stabiliser solution is designed to work on chalky flacky friable surfaces only.pva will do the same i.e seal the surface prior to glue and skim.
there is no need to use it really unless you got 20 litres of stabiliser in your garage you need to use up.
pva is a cheaper option and does the same job.
i would only use it in the most extreme cases only!!

is this like a bondin agent? and while im on it i got 12 artex ceiling to skim next week do you think i should use bond it and skim or PVA first then bond it..?

Pva and skim will be fine mate, done loads and never had a problem.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Mate .Stabiliser solution is designed to work on chalky flacky friable surfaces only.pva will do the same i.e seal the surface prior to glue and skim.
there is no need to use it really unless you got 20 litres of stabiliser in your garage you need to use up.
pva is a cheaper option and does the same job.
i would only use it in the most extreme cases only!!

NO

Status
Not open for further replies.