Spreading peace!

Members online

@Danny ........they’re gonna need they’re own section soon.......there’s gonna be chat about eyebrows, depilation, pelvic floors an all sorts ......:frenetico::frenetico:

Haha you forget i live with four boys from the age of 7months, 5, 10 and 32. So my daily chats about what size of s**t has just been done and congratulations on size of daid s**t and football. Lady chats went out the window along time. Don' rememer them being about any of that tho :ROFLMAO: never knew what depilation was either.
You must be super smooth Danny :cool:

Haha you forget i live with four boys from the age of 7months, 5, 10 and 32. So my daily chats about what size of s**t has just been done and congratulations on size of daid s**t and football. Lady chats went out the window along time. Don' rememer them being about any of that tho :ROFLMAO: never knew what depilation was either.
You must be super smooth Danny :cool:

Haha na i am rough... never been smooth

Aaaaah another bird ;) welcome and what a great introduction probably the best in my opinion until Jess mentioned your name lol guys take note :) you really have to love this job to want to do it, it really is leaving your footprint when your gone :)

Well said zombie! There's enough tarts on this forum without getting any girls involved :inocente:
Now I'm thinking about it....there's several of you running away together this weekend.....one of you started a cooking section....... someone held up their hands to overly enjoying coronation street.....when anyone of you goes on holibobs there's tanned beach pics posted.....

What a bunch of vaginas!! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Now I'm thinking about it....there's several of you running away together this weekend.....one of you started a cooking section....... someone held up their hands to overly enjoying coronation street.....when anyone of you goes on holibobs there's tanned beach pics posted.....

What a bunch of vaginas!! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
You missed out G** world ;)

I've just got home early finish!! :bailando:
Gonna treat myself to an afternoon of laundry and scrubbing bathroom :crying:

Half the time everyone's on here I picture them with a brew bored shitless waiting for a gauge to go, or is that just me?

I'm coming to the conclusion this plastering game must be east if you can all chat on this all day :sorprendido3: either that or your all retired :lol:
I’ll have you know i graft like a Beast and that’s because im young fit and strong!.... and also I’ve been a right filthy f**k*r today. :p:D

Sooooo it's Saturday night. I've got two tissues shoved up each nostril catching the snot droplets hating life. Excited to go along on a job next week. Secured some work to sers .If you could only have 5 tools what would they be and why? I miss you. :cry::baaa: stop having weekend fun :tonto:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sooooo it's Saturday night. I've got two tissues shoved up each nostril catching the snot droplets hating life. Excited to go along on a job next week. Secured some work trousers as I don't think leggings are any longer appropriate. If you could only have 5 tools what would they be and why? I miss you. :cry::baaa: stop having weekend fun :tonto:
Trowel (mt extra lite), hawk, decent whisk, s**t brush, corner brush, bucket trowelled, nela, special scraper... f**k can't do it in five. Good luck for next week just get stuck! If you find yourself with nothing to do for five mins clean up, pick up sweeps brush etc (y)

I’ll give you a tip that took my labourer nearly 6 months to remember. When your mixing up fold the top of the bag over when you put it down next to the bucket or you get splashes of water in the rest of the bag which makes it gritty

Trowel (mt extra lite), hawk, decent whisk, s**t brush, corner brush, bucket trowelled, nela, special scraper... f**k can't do it in five. Good luck for next week just get stuck! If you find yourself with nothing to do for five mins clean up, pick up sweeps brush etc (y)

Tough one eh. I just have a basic trowel. Do you recommend the mt worn in? Are they all made this way? It gets a bit confusing when one is gold or stainless steel. I will try my best to keep busy. I have a room that can be plastered in the house. It's just plaster board underneath the paper. This will be my first practice room. Won't be taking any of the facings off tho. Will leave this until after my course

I’ll give you a tip that took my labourer nearly 6 months to remember. When your mixing up fold the top of the bag over when you put it down next to the bucket or you get splashes of water in the rest of the bag which makes it gritty
That's a good one. First mix I made in garden I started working away and left my bag of plaster open in the rain. Also blasted for calling the ceiling the roof I now know the difference. Simple things eh

Sooooo it's Saturday night. I've got two tissues shoved up each nostril catching the snot droplets hating life. Excited to go along on a job next week. Secured some work to sers .If you could only have 5 tools what would they be and why? I miss you. :cry::baaa: stop having weekend fun :tonto:
5 tools are
1 a nice trowel you can use all the way through the set mt xtralite or permashape, I started off with an 11 inch but you could go bigger. No need to mess with plastic or super flex until your experienced.
2 a good whisk if you want to invest a dedicated plaster whisk such as collomix or you can start off with any 110v sds still with a whisk attachment
3 a decent hawk
4 a plasterers bucket, a big gorilla tub for washing out and a medium size for splash
5 a nice emulsion brush 5” for splashing and a smaller one for brushing in angles.
Don’t bother trying to work to wet edges for now stick to plastering opposites, get a decent radio, don’t rush laying on but keep a close eye on the set when waiting to trowel up as soon as you can touch it without leaving finger prints get on there with a little water, any fat you take off get rid unless your desperate ie you’ve missed somewhere.
When starting off most people struggle when they don’t fully cover the first cost and it leaves holes back to the first which looks atrocious when painted

Tough one eh. I just have a basic trowel. Do you recommend the mt worn in? Are they all made this way? It gets a bit confusing when one is gold or stainless steel. I will try my best to keep busy. I have a room that can be plastered in the house. It's just plaster board underneath the paper. This will be my first practice room. Won't be taking any of the facings off tho. Will leave this until after my course
I'm really drunk I'll reply properly in the morning :D

5 tools are
1 a nice trowel you can use all the way through the set mt xtralite or permashape, I started off with an 11 inch but you could go bigger. No need to mess with plastic or super flex until your experienced.
2 a good whisk if you want to invest a dedicated plaster whisk such as collomix or you can start off with any 110v sds still with a whisk attachment
3 a decent hawk
4 a plasterers bucket, a big gorilla tub for washing out and a medium size for splash
5 a nice emulsion brush 5” for splashing and a smaller one for brushing in angles.
Don’t bother trying to work to wet edges for now stick to plastering opposites, get a decent radio, don’t rush laying on but keep a close eye on the set when waiting to trowel up as soon as you can touch it without leaving finger prints get on there with a little water, any fat you take off get rid unless your desperate ie you’ve missed somewhere.
When starting off most people struggle when they don’t fully cover the first cost and it leaves holes back to the first which looks atrocious when painted

Now I got one of these spray bottles. A plasterer I know gets his brush and splashes and everyone moans about the mess he makes but he is so good. He is well older now he would tell me not to get into it so I'm no telling him. I'm happy to give my own place a good go and any mistakes or f**k ups I'll still love it because it's mines and I'm funny like that obviously I'd not want that for anyone else so got plenty room to play with.

When I patched up the large area where plaster had come off (plaster was sitting off the wall I'm assuming wall wasn't pva enough" I got the main area smooth looking good but I took a long time and went over and over and my edges were rough I didn't feel like I had the time.
In my head I'm like I'll just sand those bits before it gets painted I can live with that but we will see.

Could have got a professional but I saw it as an opportunity. Lack in speed and knowledge really.

I have been taking photos of what I do. I'm not confident enough to post them yet it's a bit too early for that because so far I'm winging it.

I appreciate that advice very straight forward.