Spreading peace!

Hello! New to the site and new to plastering. I really enjoy painting and was told by my partner to give plastering a go.
To start off I got myself some tools and got a hand to screw plaster board sheets to walls. Watched the usual youtube videos and found myself having a blast. I enjoy the physical side. It's such an art. Anyway after I got the hang of that I started patch plastering. Been working away plastering what I can and am taking a two week course soon. I can't wait to do more. Im feeling very confident but I'd like to do more. I saw a guy on here offering his services for free where he lived to professionals in his area. I was thinking after my course of calling around the businesses and seeing if anyone will take me on jobs. I work in finance and one day in the future once I know I can make the best job I'd love to get into this field of work. I actually feel like I can be good at something it has taken me a long time to hear someone say "your actually good at that" very proud!
Would love any advice from anyone willing to share.

Thank you all

Last edited by a moderator:

JessThePlasterer

Queen Jess Elizabeth I
Welcome Jade! There are so many many threads on here to search through for tonnes of advice!

Good luck!

Thank you very much Jess. I actually read all about your plastering jorney. Inspirational. Well done.

JessThePlasterer

Queen Jess Elizabeth I
Thank you very much Jess. I actually read all about your plastering jorney. Inspirational. Well done.
Ah thanks! If you stick around on here there's some very helpful people plus the brutal banter really does set you up for working in trade; thick skin etc! (y)

Cockney1

Why hallooooo! How you doing???
Let everyone know more about yourself, it would be very helpful! :hola::)

Well I'm in Dundee Scotland. I have three sons. Partner is an electrician running his own business and his dad has a painting and decorating business. My mum was s single parent and is very hands on when it comes to diy. She is 70 and painting her bedroom as we speak and all her furniture. I have never had someone paint my house until I met my partner I have always done everything myself. It' no way perfect but I take great satisfaction in my own work. I have had my partners work friends comment on my work when visiting the house. So I thought why not give this ago. It' physical work it makes me really happy. I can may be one day be very good at it with time and practice. This could make me money. I'd love one day if I had my own businesse for the boys to decide it was mum's trade they would like to do they have plenty of options available.

I don't mind dirty. I have lots of energy. I look after myself. I'
Sorry you find your trade grim. Most people don't enjoy the job they are doing. I find sitting at a desk especially grim.
Thank you

Cockney1

Oh jade (dirty mmmmh!) you just say ALL the right things!!! :p

Lodan

Sorry you find your trade grim. Most people don't enjoy the job they are doing. I find sitting at a desk especially grim.
Thank you
I love my job, but that's just the way the job is, when I say grim I mean it's rough work

Marshy

Private Member
Thank you
Oh dear Quagmire Marshy needs to get to know you better lol

Marshy

Private Member
@Jade Crawford don't take everything to heart we are a friendly bunch it's just banter. Ask @JessThePlasterer who had a torrid time to begin with but stuck to her guns bless her. We get a lot of wind up merchants too but genuine stuff we are are more than happy to help out. You seem a good egg chuck so I'l help you out any way I can

JessThePlasterer

Queen Jess Elizabeth I
@Jade Crawford don't take everything to heart we are a friendly bunch it's just banter. Ask @JessThePlasterer who had a torrid time to begin with but stuck to her guns bless her. We get a lot of wind up merchants too but genuine stuff we are are more than happy to help out. You seem a good egg chuck so I'l help you out any way I can
I'm still having a torrid time..... awful bunch of people..... just awful..... ;)
:boxeador: :LOL:

Marshy I'm something of a smart arse myself don' worry about me.:bailando::bananahappy:

Thank you tho :birra:

A wee update from me. I contacted a guy today that' been running his business for a long time. Has the best reputation. I told him about my course and he asked me to phone back Monday to meet him on a job during the week at s cottage he has been working on. I'm over the moon.

Marshy

Private Member
A wee update from me. I contacted a guy today that' been running his business for a long time. Has the best reputation. I told him about my course and he asked me to phone back Monday to meet him on a job during the week at s cottage he has been working on. I'm over the moon.
Brilliant best of luck and I mean that sincerely

Dropsalot

Private Member
@Danny ........they’re gonna need they’re own section soon.......there’s gonna be chat about eyebrows, depilation, pelvic floors an all sorts ......:frenetico::frenetico:

JessThePlasterer

Queen Jess Elizabeth I
Nice one!