Spraying silicone render

Members online

That's where people end up cheaper, the ones who dont leave a clean an tidy job and just bash it on are always less than those who take care to get a neat clean finish. Sometimes that's the difference between winning a job. The extra cost is because of the prep but clients don't see that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No matter how good the spray finish looks, it never will be like done by hand. That's my ultimate conclusion after a lot of experiments. The spray finish has the benefits of quick and profitable method, also is easy to rectify any mistakes, but as for quality and protection hand applying wins the day for me.

Why don't you just use a hopper gun? The awkwardness of a drill, power lead and an air hose would be a pain in the ass.

I find the hopper guns difficult to get a good spray pattern, no idea if this is any different. Seems pricey for what it is.

I got mine off eBay for about £20. It's as even as it can possibly be. Slow but very even.

Smallest one in the three I got. Never measured it so couldn't tell you the size.
Hi mate, you running the hopper gun with your eze compressor. I have a small job to do with a curved top (so didn't want to hand apply). Does it do a nice tight finish like the eze ? Cheers

Hi mate, you running the hopper gun with your eze compressor. I have a small job to do with a curved top (so didn't want to hand apply). Does it do a nice tight finish like the eze ? Cheers
It's great for smaller jobs. Leaves a lovely finish. Greater control for fiddly areas too it's one handed and the trigger is light and variable. Not just on/off.
Yeah I just use the little Gentilin.

My mate done a similar thing with a Cordless he took the handle off a Tyrolean gun and connected the cordless :) the job he done looked s**t but that's because he is a cowboy but 10 out of 10 for the idea.

The
Not sure if this gives you a good idea but this job was all hopper gun
image.jpeg

It's great for smaller jobs. Leaves a lovely finish. Greater control for fiddly areas too it's one handed and the trigger is light and variable. Not just on/off.
Yeah I just use the little Gentilin.

Which hopper have you got, it's variable? If you got a link?

Just ordered one mate but noticed my air hose won't fit that coupling, which one do I need to make it work cheers [emoji106]
Sorry I forgot about that. I just went to machine Mart and picked a connection up. They aren't expensive

Cheers mate. I'll will have to order on line we have nothing near me like machine mart is it a 1/4 in fitting on to that cheers maye

Can someone tell me if I could use the air compressor off my strata to attach this to? Just wondering for future reference as I have a spare one.
Should do mate, might need an air regulator though so the compressors thermal cut out don't kick in