Spraying plaster/render

Members online

I have sprayd multi with 3 different machines. And seen others used. I don't cross hatch. It only takes 1 min to get your mixer and bucket out of the van and a minute the get your water for mixing. I have sprayd over 30 ton of multi so I reckon am well experienced at it. I had a lad telling me he was spraying 200m2 with the ritmo. So I went and had a look. The work was ok but not the best. U could feel the odd air bubbles. I seen a hall way and I said to the bloke that's finish by hand. He said how do you know. I said it's a better finish. Most people get blinded by spraying skim as they want it to work so bad. And the quality drops. I was one of them. I showd the bloke a few tips how to get a better finish by spraying it. But the best thing I give him was kanuf number. Got talking to him a while later. After the painters where in he got pulled on site for some of the walls he sprayd. Was told not to use machine on site. It's ok some lads telling you it's great but it's not. U don't see any videos of it being sprayed and if you do see them it's for a few seconds. And never get to see it finished. Am just been honest not having a go at u or any body else that sales machines. I would not just buy a machine for spraying multi madness.

That's a fair comment and you are experienced in it. I agree that other products are better but in our experience and from our customers, it can be sprayed and successfully.

The crazy thing is, and I have just had meetings with BG about it, there are various plasters available for spray application - but we have many who will only use Multi after trying them all.
Personally, I don't care what material people use or choose to Spray - that's down to the guy, we make everyone aware of what is best to Spray but they have their own choices and we will support them either way

As asked earlier till you mentioned a two spray cross hatch method :) and I still don't understand what it is.

It's simply a 2 pass spray system. It can be done wet on wet without flattening between coats or with flattening between coats - it depends on what the guy is doing.

The first pass or coat is sprayed horizontally the second is sprayed vertically.

First pass spray pattern: =====

(At this stage some will flatten or some will spray directly over the top without flattening)

Second pass spray pattern: |||||||

Overall spray pattern: #######

We just advise spraying on one coat in one direction

It's simply a 2 pass spray system. It can be done wet on wet without flattening between coats or with flattening between coats - it depends on what the guy is doing.

The first pass or coat is sprayed horizontally the second is sprayed vertically.

First pass spray pattern: =====

(At this stage some will flatten or some will spray directly over the top without flattening)

Second pass spray pattern: |||||||

Overall spray pattern: #######

We just advise spraying on one coat in one direction
I would call that two coats :)

That's a fair comment and you are experienced in it. I agree that other products are better but in our experience and from our customers, it can be sprayed and successfully.

The crazy thing is, and I have just had meetings with BG about it, there are various plasters available for spray application - but we have many who will only use Multi after trying them all.
Personally, I don't care what material people use or choose to Spray - that's down to the guy, we make everyone aware of what is best to Spray but they have their own choices and we will support them either way
I will say multi is pumping better than it did 10 years ago. And that was put through the same machine. I was talking to a bloke in gyproc Ireland asking me to spray it. That the skim is not the same as it used to be. He said it should spray better. It did. I'll give it another go on the right job. Be intresting to see.

Just started on the the machine side and we are using multi so basically it's a learning curve. What we've found so far with multi is that you have got to flatten in with a speed skim or a spat seconds after being sprayed to cut down on the bubbling and theclemo has a good point needs to be the right job anything under 100 metres wouldn't even bother. There's 3 of us and at the moment we are like the three stooges there's s**t everywhere and fight breaks out every 30 seconds so won't be making any video

Just started on the the machine side and we are using multi so basically it's a learning curve. What we've found so far with multi is that you have got to flatten in with a speed skim or a spat seconds after being sprayed to cut down on the bubbling and theclemo has a good point needs to be the right job anything under 100 metres wouldn't even bother. There's 3 of us and at the moment we are like the three stooges there's s**t everywhere and fight breaks out every 30 seconds so won't be making any video
Use a sponge float it helps with the air bubbles.

As asked earlier till you mentioned a two spray cross hatch method :) and I still don't understand what it is.
Hi mate , Ryan is correct cross hatching is what bg recommend the method is one coat as such and isn't flattened in between each coat , just thought that might help

Probably a lie.
No mate defo the truth , think it's to acquire even distribution of material it is what the thistle training dude showed me on the course , the course is about £120 for the day I think , you could send them an email for info if interested.

No mate defo the truth , think it's to acquire even distribution of material it is what the thistle training dude showed me on the course , the course is about £120 for the day I think , you could send them an email for info if interested.
To be honest mate I can't take anything you say as truthfull so I think I'm gonna take it with a pinch of salt.

In our experience it doesn't 'encourage' an even application of plaster as they say in the video. Even application is down to the consistency and the guy spraying

Cross hatching causes issues with the air pockets and orange. You're putting more material into something and opening it up with the spray, it's hard to explain here to be honest

Gossip & lies - a bird once told all her mates I was hung like an orang-utang, I was well chuffed until I found out they have the smallest cocks of all the apes....FOOKIN lies.

I gotta job coming up RESkim a house. Generally the walls are quite good but It has had new chases cut in down the walls and new ceilings overboarded with the old coving took down. bathroom tiles Tiles been removed making rough looking walls.
I been thinking Spray Universal one coat bout 6-10mm to go straight over the shitty walls in the bathroom , so that wont need much prep. Then use the UOC to make good all the chases and spray the lot with an airless plaster, to save time messing with unibond or plas prime etc . Could be a nice easy job if i do it that way.

Done loads like this

Way forward

I gotta job coming up RESkim a house. Generally the walls are quite good but It has had new chases cut in down the walls and new ceilings overboarded with the old coving took down. bathroom tiles Tiles been removed making rough looking walls.
I been thinking Spray Universal one coat bout 6-10mm to go straight over the shitty walls in the bathroom , so that wont need much prep. Then use the UOC to make good all the chases and spray the lot with an airless plaster, to save time messing with unibond or plas prime etc . Could be a nice easy job if i do it that way.

Are you going to use the airless swing