spraying finnish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiganlad

Private Member
ok guys there is alot of talk on machinesand seems to be alot of people using them. would these be benificial to my partner and i to use for skimming out houses. and how much would it cost for 1 for blowing on skim

dunno how other people find it but i have sprayed mp finish and fp 90 through a ritmo and the both flash set,
the idiot at knauf Paul Betts said it was cos my machine was a 240v
I have rang knauf and asked for names of genuine everyday users and he gave me 2 muppets who lived in dreamland.
The knauf stuff seems fine by hand

nick on here Ian sprays it all the time and dont get any problems, if it was crap it wouldnt sell. but you know how it is, we all blame the product when we get it wrong

mp finish does spray nicer than multi i think, and seems to go further.

the multi is much nicer to trowel when sprayed in my opinion. seems much better mixed. and holds up longer.

like iv said before, an average room, say 4-5 board lid, 2-3 boards per wall will spray on in 10 mins max. then u gotta quick lay down and get washed up. obviously u got machine set up time first.

whats it like spraying ceilings?..........are you troweling up or sponging mate also can you tell us a bit more about setting up time etc cheers

i no it sounds odd but i find lids less messy than walls. u get a fine mist regardless of what ur spraying. when u do a wall where u spray 2.5m above the same spot u get a light coating on the floor a couple of inches from the wall. i bought a 300m roll of parcel paper bout foot and a bit wide. just roll that at the bottom of the walls and throw away. with the lids u get a tiny mist over the whole floor, which by the time its hit the floor is like a bit of dust. its less dusty than knocking up 3-4 bags of gear.

set up time depends on how many people u got. for me on my own, get it out the van and into the house to where i want it bout 5 mins. water butt out and get hose set up another 5ish. scrim up while waiting for butt. getting hoses unwound and gun ready another 5. water gauge set up bout 1 min. drop in bag. spray into bucket and double check consistency bout 1 min. spray. cleaning bout 10 mins.

u can trowel or sponge. iv tried both. both work

i would like to see someone spraying mp finish onto board and finishing it with ease at a rate that justifies the ritmo purchase. The people knauf told me to contact were more interested in telling me how much they could do in a day but couldnt help with my problem. I know multi can be finished easily
I sprayed fp 90 a few years ago and found it sprayed lovely, i did approx 50mts however after i flattened it and gave it one more trowel it had gone dark and set.
I did not use it then until i went to the demo when they changed it to mp finish. I gave it another go and excactly the same thing happened. i did sponge it this time and had plenty of time to control it but after i flattened it from the sponge it just turned colour and set.
It also delaminated when the tiler scored it.
Multi finish did not do this and behaved as i am used to.
Also worth mentioning i had larger tip for fp90 and small one for the mp finish

the mp finish does seem to turn dark when still needs trowelling, as does mp75 a bit. i think u just have to give it a hard trowel once it has turned. but i do prefere multi

the thing is when you are hard trowelling you have a load of meters on and its pretty gruelling. Mp75 is easier than Mp finish. The trouble is when its set you are working much harder and it is difficult to leave a perfect finish
I could do with some on site training to show me if its actually worth using compared to multi

a way to soften the blow of investing in the kit is that it can spray bucket renders/backing plasters etc if the skimming doesn't work out.....not just a dedicated skimming machine. Would you use it for other things?

it was chris, will miss it as the job and site was one of the best i have been on, dont get it like that very often these days ,

you worked with some of the best spreads down there too eh? ::) nice avatar by the way looks like mine

Status
Not open for further replies.