Sponge Anyone? Great for fast/sharp corners, thats about it for me.

Members online

Morgan James

I have experimented with the sponge a while back but never incorporated it into my setting process fully as i found it unnecessary 75% of the time. It has some great advantage though and is a useful tool to have available, but unless you are doing massive gauges and playing catch up, i think i can finish it faster and just as good without. Just depends on your strategy really, i like to do 3 medium sized gauges over the day (2 bags max) and can finish them nicely without the sponge.

One thing i will say is that it is ideal for wet angles and minimises time spent in the corners so i always have one to hand.

Can't say I've watched it but there's a fella at our firm who does it and I've never seen anythingas hideous is my life

Years back one coat plasters needed sponging as part of the finishing process. Why use it with multi, when all I've used is a trowel (singular) for years.I don't remember being told to sponge carlite finish.

Sponge is simple, it is fantastic for bringing back to life, changing the consistency for another trowel in case it's tiger striped lol But!

It works wonders if the plaster warps like in winter and you use a plastic trowel afterwards but 9/10 it's easier to just trowel to get that sweeeet uniform finish.

Sponge is simple, it is fantastic for bringing back to life, changing the consistency for another trowel in case it's tiger striped lol But!

It works wonders if the plaster warps like in winter and you use a plastic trowel afterwards but 9/10 it's easier to just trowel to get that sweeeet uniform finish.

trailer-park-boys-gif-17.gif

Yeah it does have its uses and removing tiger stripes is one of them. Bringing it back from the brink is another but thats a last resort! I have seen people one coat sponging on new builds recentley, they was putting full rooms on, sponging the s**t out of it and "finishing" with a plastic! Rough as arseoles i tell ya...

I’ve never seen a good one coat and sponge but there’s plenty of guys I know that 2 coat with them and it looks bang on. But I think it’s more about that it’s less strain on your joints than it is about being a better finish or whatever. All looks the same after some paint

We put full rooms on and definately don't need to use a sponge
You must have a tirck or two up your sleeve! I max out at two bags in one mix, i always use the same mix for seccond coat, but make up for it by doing 3 guages. The third one is usually a smaller one though, it its what it is ;)