Speedskim

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeT

I was thinking of investing in a speedskim but after a chat with my uncle ( a plasterer with over 30 years experience) he thought it was a bad idea as in his words a good plasterer needs to know how to use a trowel first. Point taken but is the speedskim not a sign of evolution? If it makes it easier it may assist in helping me progress and make a living from this craft sooner( I'm a novice) opinions??

I was thinking of investing in a speedskim but after a chat with my uncle ( a plasterer with over 30 years experience) he thought it was a bad idea as in his words a good plasterer needs to know how to use a trowel first. Point taken but is the speedskim not a sign of evolution? If it makes it easier it may assist in helping me progress and make a living from this craft sooner( I'm a novice) opinions??

Learn how to use a trowel before you try these cheat tools bud, it's the only way and the best

George I work every other weekend mate, if you ever fancy a trip to turnipville one weekend im happy to poi
nt you in the right direction.

Is artex the guy from Aberdeen? Deedododot dadadeedotdot ( I lived in Ross shire and that is how we mocked aberdonions

Just got my speed skim tried it out today has any of u guys any tips or hints for getting the best out of it thanks

Take it you guys dont like the speedskim.... i seen it and thought about getting one and giving it a go!

Giv it a go mate.. I was the same.. I got one.. now have 3 st' and 1 sf..!!!

Saves loadsa time.. not all agree with it but hey ho each to there own.. I would recommed them

@GeorgeT treat it like a baby steps. Learn to walk before you can run. Spend time with a trowel and gain experience becoming a competent spread before getting tools that provide an easier shortcut. If you learn with just them now you will never have experience of traditional plastering methods that are still very commonplace today

Last edited by a moderator:
@GeorgeT treat it like a baby steps. Learn to walk before you can run. Spend time with a trowel and gain experience becoming a competent spread before getting tools that provide an easier shortcut. If you learn with just them now you will never have experience of traditional plastering methods that are still very commonplace today

Amen to that robjack

Last edited by a moderator:
So there's two sorts (st & sf) then? So in affect the idea behind speedskim is to replace the trowel ( apart from laying it on ) to flatten and trowel up too...have i got that right?

Giv it a go mate.. I was the same.. I got one.. now have 3 st' and 1 sf..!!!

Saves loadsa time.. not all agree with it but hey ho each to there own.. I would recommed them

My reply to you is further down this thread James...i'm just getting to grips with thiis on the mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.