Speedskim

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
U need to try it to kno when to use it etc... if you kno someone with one borrow it n have a go . If not they aint that expensive to buy.whether u get on with it or not..

U can flatten off alot quicker. Which enables you to put more on.and saves strain on arm n shoulder..

But... u need to b confident n experienced in what u do.. if not stay with your trowel for a bit..

I was thinking of investing in a speedskim but after a chat with my uncle ( a plasterer with over 30 years experience) he thought it was a bad idea as in his words a good plasterer needs to know how to use a trowel first. Point taken but is the speedskim not a sign of evolution? If it makes it easier it may assist in helping me progress and make a living from this craft sooner( I'm a novice) opinions??

Hi GeorgeT

In our opinion you need to get used to the basics first and need to master the trowel. Plastering is a craft and the primary skills are incredibly important. Learning new techniques and using new equipment is also very necessary in today's industry.

We have a lot of customers who are either getting more done or going home earlier - or both. Putting this to one side arguably the most important feature of the Speedskim system is a reduction in fatigue. This is a ticking time bomb for most Plasterers - the lucky ones make it through 30 years with bearable aches and pains. Others aren't so lucky and find the trade is very intrusive - in some cases Plasterers as young as 40 are facing a career change due to severe pain. Changing career isn't always easy in your 40's. So for young Plasterers entering the trade severe aches and pains in later life can now be avoided.

Like I said this is a game of chance but it can be avoided using modern methods like ours. So in our opinion get used to the trowel first but think long term..there are no prizes for going home shattered.

Hope that helps mate..:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.