Speedskim trowels

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date

Members online

S

Stainless Nela (y) the best trowel I’ve ever used, don’t whinge like a little bitch about breaking it in though, everyone says they are difficult but I think they are spot on.
Ye get out wrong side of bed today . I,m warming to it now. And like it for reveals and angles

S

Stainless Nela (y) the best trowel I’ve ever used, don’t whinge like a little bitch about breaking it in though, everyone says they are difficult but I think they are spot on.
They are kina harder on the wrist til either u get used to it, or if maybe softens slightly through use. Takes ages to get wore down, I've been using mine sand cement since about May and it's still not really sharp as i like for skimming, although it's wearing in nicely and nice shape. Do like it for the sand cementing have to say, haven't really gave it a fair crack skimming yet. Maybe will see what I make of it. If I mind right urs broke on u u, did u get another or go back to MT? Or different altogether?

They are kina harder on the wrist til either u get used to it, or if maybe softens slightly through use. Takes ages to get wore down, I've been using mine sand cement since about May and it's still not really sharp as i like for skimming, although it's wearing in nicely and nice shape. Do like it for the sand cementing have to say, haven't really gave it a fair crack skimming yet. Maybe will see what I make of it. If I mind right urs broke on u u, did u get another or go back to MT? Or different altogether?
I tragically stood on my first Nela premium and snapped it. I’m on my second now, done a few rendering jobs with it and now skimming with it, for me skimming breaks in a trowel and rendering just gives it a desirable shape.

S

Crackin trowel....but bein abit bitchy they are harder to break in..just flogged the hell out of with render work till it was ready now lovely to use

I don’t bother with the wet and dry ritual for breaking a trowel in.....I find skimming gets it just fine........to speed up the operation and get quick satisfaction ( who doesn’t love a bit of that?), I just chuck a big handful of grit in the skim bucket..........:whistle: