Speedskim trowels

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date

Members online

D

Deleted member 29624

Seen a few people one here modified trowels so they got speedskim blades on them, can't remember who they were though, want a bit of advice as I want to try and make one think maybe @ olican was one of them?

@ speedskim , could you make me one and I'll trial it for you(y)

Ah.. Like a giant trowel?.. The biggest plastic trowel is 28 inch as I was looking at one a weeks back in the shop. Anyway I've seen some kit here that members have made.. Very clever. Bit hard to find posts sometimes

Just use a decent size large steel trowel? What you hoping to gain from this whacky idea, a Big plazzi style trowel?

Ah.. Like a giant trowel?.. The biggest plastic trowel is 28 inch as I was looking at one a weeks back in the shop. Anyway I've seen some kit here that members have made.. Very clever. Bit hard to find posts sometimes
Yeah want a speedskim version though as want the grooves that speedskim have

Lol, I know what a cavity closer is it just didn't click ....does that actually work?

Any of u men ever use a bekoXpert skimming trowel,got a 16inch at the weekend an have to say it is some tool,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've forgot how to use my speedskim I just can't seem to workout when to use it and what to do after!!!

Very similar,I'd say the beko is stronger and not at flexible as the nela skimming trowels,some job for levelling in

Beko does a mediflex too, think missus uncle has a beko. Can't mind what he said of it though

Our local builders suppliers has stopped stocking nela,too many complaints,it was very hard to get one in decent shape,they were bent all roads,I have a mediflex nela,it's some trowel for the last few runs

Our local builders suppliers has stopped stocking nela,too many complaints,it was very hard to get one in decent shape,they were bent all roads,I have a mediflex nela,it's some trowel for the last few runs

Yeah local builders stocks them too now but think my local builders sells a lot of ramboo tools stock, and they don't seem to do nela anymore either. I've a nela medi and it's a. Great trowel alright. I have a super too, but it's only been out the shed once since I got the nela medi

I don't actually know what id use the super for other than the last trowel,it's too flexible for me,

I don't actually know what id use the super for other than the last trowel,it's too flexible for me,

Just for shining up. That's basically all can use it for, think it's all it was designed for.

The nela mediflex is a good trowel, get the timing right and it makes the job easier.

The medi is a fine trowel.
I think most of the superflexy (all brands) trowels are best suited to sizes 16" or smaller anything bigger seem to lose their shape fairly sharpish.

Seen a few people one here modified trowels so they got speedskim blades on them, can't remember who they were though, want a bit of advice as I want to try and make one think maybe @ olican was one of them?

I made one last year mate, not the best with trying to find old threads but was too heavy to use really unless you had arms like popeye ,

Sorry to be miserable but what’s the point in cutting down a speedskim blade and sticking it to a trowel handle, no point at all surely it can’t be better than an 18inch steel trowel?

A5951915-5C77-455C-B219-AE2A61175D41.jpeg
57DDB002-D83E-466F-A915-CBE01FF68949.jpeg

Got a nella carbon just starting to like it. But thinking of getting a mt xtra light as it pains me having to dry it n wrap it up on night

S
Got a nella carbon just starting to like it. But thinking of getting a mt xtra light as it pains me having to dry it n wrap it up on night
Stainless Nela (y) the best trowel I’ve ever used, don’t whinge like a little bitch about breaking it in though, everyone says they are difficult but I think they are spot on.

Thought the whole idea of speedskim was that you do t hold it like a trowel to save the repetitive joints ie elbows,wrists etc