Speedskim pole attachment

Members online

No members online now.

Hillsy

Does anyone else’s pole attachment come loose and don’t tighten anymore. It’s the second one I’ve had and the last one done the same thing!

Does anyone else’s pole attachment come loose and don’t tighten anymore. It’s the second one I’ve had and the last one done the same thing!

Yes , rang ox direct got it sorted but you know one thing that really pisses me off when companies say they will replace it no problem but 'that's strange never had that before '

Make you feel like you're making it up . I sent a video showing.

The mechanism to lock it does nothing at all

Yes , rang ox direct got it sorted but you know one thing that really pisses me off when companies say they will replace it no problem but 'that's strange never had that before '

Make you feel like you're making it up . I sent a video showing.

The mechanism to lock it does nothing at all
Yeah that’s what happens it just slides off like it’s unclipped. The thing is they ain’t that cheap for a shitty bit of plastic. If they were like a 5er I wouldn’t give a s**t.

Do you use a pole with a metal screw on piece? My mate used one for about half a year and it's as loose as a Goose birthing a Moose. I used a plastic screw pole no problems for way over a year but I don't use my one everyday.

Well I'm bloody glad that someone has posted this as I've had two already and even this one is shite. Definitely a design fault.

trouble with using two different materials... the harder of the two metals will wear the other away.... if they gave the option of the two then it would be problem solved :D

They are shite tbh they wear away easily, Scott who owned speedskim promised me over a year ago he would send a newly designed one out for me, still waiting on it :pcmala:

trouble with using two different materials... the harder of the two metals will wear the other away.... if they gave the option of the two then it would be problem solved :D
They don't wear Danny, they're shite straight from the box. They're not fit for purpose and there should have been a product recall. They could not possibly have been tested prior to release.

Bit of an old thread but there's loads of people with problems with this pole so here's what happened with mine.

I'm a DIY plasterer and having discovered the Speedskim (900mm plastic blade) and finding how it has hugely improved my efforts, I bought one of the Ox Speedskim poles before facing my nemesis, the ceilings .

First time I used it the smaller twist joint at the end came loose. I tightened it best I could but it was still loose so the Speedskim was uncontrollable around the edges of the ceiling. With the plaster going off I rummaged around in the loft for an old pole with the same thread and managed to use that. Not impressed at all with this OxTools product. The pole was cast out into the corner of the shed and I moved on to other things.

Just before the one year guarantee was up I contacted FFX about it. They have farmed out their returns and warranty stuff to some third party so rather than dealing with a nice human from FFX I had to type a load of stuff out on the Claimlane website, upload a video of the fault (which is hard to do on your own) and an image of the whole pole, plus original receipt etc. When I undid the top clamp to show how it wouldn't tighten up tightly (for the video) it then wouldn't tighten at all, it just spun round! If I was a pro I'd just have binned it for the time all this has taken me...

Was told by Claimlane that I had to contact OxTools as they would repair it. I knew my contract was with the seller and not the manufacturer, ie FFX should repair/replace, but I contacted OxTools anyway. They (correctly) told me that FFX should be managing it and sent me back to them. They also contacted FFX and told them this too. I asked OxTools if they had improved the design since I bought mine (2022) and they said no.

FFX/Claimlane arranged for it to be picked up and now I'm waiting to see what happens next...

Bit of an old thread but there's loads of people with problems with this pole so here's what happened with mine.

I'm a DIY plasterer and having discovered the Speedskim (900mm plastic blade) and finding how it has hugely improved my efforts, I bought one of the Ox Speedskim poles before facing my nemesis, the ceilings .

First time I used it the smaller twist joint at the end came loose. I tightened it best I could but it was still loose so the Speedskim was uncontrollable around the edges of the ceiling. With the plaster going off I rummaged around in the loft for an old pole with the same thread and managed to use that. Not impressed at all with this OxTools product. The pole was cast out into the corner of the shed and I moved on to other things.

Just before the one year guarantee was up I contacted FFX about it. They have farmed out their returns and warranty stuff to some third party so rather than dealing with a nice human from FFX I had to type a load of stuff out on the Claimlane website, upload a video of the fault (which is hard to do on your own) and an image of the whole pole, plus original receipt etc. When I undid the top clamp to show how it wouldn't tighten up tightly (for the video) it then wouldn't tighten at all, it just spun round! If I was a pro I'd just have binned it for the time all this has taken me...

Was told by Claimlane that I had to contact OxTools as they would repair it. I knew my contract was with the seller and not the manufacturer, ie FFX should repair/replace, but I contacted OxTools anyway. They (correctly) told me that FFX should be managing it and sent me back to them. They also contacted FFX and told them this too. I asked OxTools if they had improved the design since I bought mine (2022) and they said no.

FFX/Claimlane arranged for it to be picked up and now I'm waiting to see what happens next...
Mike Tyson Smile GIF