Speedskim blades

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggb plasterers

Been thinking of buying a speedskim for ceiling work to save my old bones but what blade is best the blue or grey and what's the difference?

Search on the posts mate loads of info I've never used the eze but I got the speedskim blue blade helps out massively n used near to the finish of the set

The eze spat is a brilliant piece of kit I'm fed up of posting pics proving it and some are in recent threads but like anything it's all personal choice so try everything first if I were you ?

The eze spat is a brilliant piece of kit I'm fed up of posting pics proving it and some are in recent threads but like anything it's all personal choice so try everything first if I were you ?
I'm fed up with the eze pics too! Can we have some kinky ones of Mrs marshy, its been a while she's been

Eze is top class, use the speed skim to flatten if it takes your fancy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys I bought speedskim a few weeks back, I bought the blue blade (st) and also the pink blade (sf) with the steel tip and what I am finding is that the blue blade is brilliant for flatting but the pink one is not great at all for finishing. My question to ye guys is are my better off buying the eze spat for finishing and polishing afterwards?

Hey guys I bought speedskim a few weeks back, I bought the blue blade (st) and also the pink blade (sf) with the steel tip and what I am finding is that the blue blade is brilliant for flatting but the pink one is not great at all for finishing. My question to ye guys is are my better off buying the eze spat for finishing and polishing afterwards?

Yes mate buy the eze spat. I use the blue speedskim to flatten then the eze spat to finish

What sizes do you use mate ? Might get some my self , the speed skim is alright , flattens it in alright . Fancy giving a eze spat a blast thou ! Cheers marshy

Marshy has the 1200, ( he might have a smaller one too, not sure.
I have the 800, what size speedskim do you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 1m and the 600 which is all you need anything over 1.2m I think would be too clumsy and think you'd struggle to apply even pressure over the length? Am sure some would disagree but again one thing works for one but not the other?

Eze is the one trowel I not got or used but have decided I can't buy anymore trowels there just isn't enough room in my van for anymore.. But hopefully will get one from Santa and maybe a mt carbon..after that please don't bring anymore new trowels out next year...I'm skint.

I have the 1m and the 600 which is all you need anything over 1.2m I think would be too clumsy and think you'd struggle to apply even pressure over the length? Am sure some would disagree but again one thing works for one but not the other?
Can u finish with ez spat straight away or does it need breaking in? We've got speedskim blue blade which is good for flattening and we've got the pink blade which is s**t leaves it all streaky and looks rough as so stopped using a while back massive waste of money in my opinion..

The pink blade is the biggest waste of money that I have in the back of my van. What I do use is what I call the speela which is the speedskim blue blade and nela trowel, I flatten with the blue blade then the final wet trowel and polish I use my nela, perfect finish every time happy days

Last edited:
Can u finish with ez spat straight away or does it need breaking in? We've got speedskim blue blade which is good for flattening and we've got the pink blade which is s**t leaves it all streaky and looks rough as so stopped using a while back massive waste of money in my opinion..
A bit of steel wool or glide it over a previous skimmed wall thats a day or do old. But yes you can finish with them but i only do on new plasterboarded ceilings and not on reskims where the existing ceiling is pissed as it doesnt work as well and yoi will need to finish with a trowel. Obviously you always need to trowel your angles anyway. My method is to keep cross troweling with the eze spat on ceilings and big walls youmay need atouch of water on last couple to stop any dragging/chattering etc

The pink blade is the biggest waste of money that I have in the back of my van. What I do use is what I call the speela which is the speedskim blue blade and nela trowel, I flatten with the blue blade then the final wet trowel and polish I use my nela, perfect finish every time happy days
Shudnt even sell them pink blade speedskims there a con..we usually just flatten with blue blade speed skim then do the rest with Refina s*p*r*lex havnt got a nela the 1 stop plasterers shop have never got any big 1s in always out of stock as wudnt mind getting 1

A bit of steel wool or glide it over a previous skimmed wall thats a day or do old. But yes you can finish with them but i only do on new plasterboarded ceilings and not on reskims where the existing ceiling is pissed as it doesnt work as well and yoi will need to finish with a trowel. Obviously you always need to trowel your angles anyway. My method is to keep cross troweling with the eze spat on ceilings and big walls youmay need atouch of water on last couple to stop any dragging/chattering etc
Cheers marshy mite buy 1 2day..just wanted to double check before part ways with cash as them pink blade speedskims have put me off a bit as theres no way u can finish a wall with them and there meant to be finishing speedskims b*ll***s there r..

Cheers marshy mite buy 1 2day..just wanted to double check before part ways with cash as them pink blade speedskims have put me off a bit as theres no way u can finish a wall with them and there meant to be finishing speedskims b*ll***s there r..
No probs and glad to help. Ifyou just want one to do everything? The 800 probably best all rounder? Tobe honest i use my 600 most of the time and onlybother with my 1m one on big stuff. Id be lost without them now they make life so much easier especially ceilings.

Just bought a 800 and 1 meter 1..ye know what u mean would be lost without s*p*r*lex trowel now etc just a lot easier on the bones and stuff when used metal trowels day in day out my hands used to seize up in a gripping state on a nite..

Status
Not open for further replies.