Speedskim® The NEW SF is Here!

Hi Kitchy
The orange blade was a bit like Marmite for sure. Some feedback was great but some just didn't take to it. So we got stuck in and looked at making design changes.
The New SF is radically different and has a wide 55mm x 0.3mm tip.
@theplasterman wasn't a fan of the old SF but (I think I'm right in saying) feels the New SF is something to shout about...
I think @Danny is going to put a video up soon?

Video is live in another thread :D

Give it a few weeks I suspect there might be people asking why they are getting stripes and ripples off this new blade, these flexible metal gadgets all have a tendency to do that.
With regards to ripples.......I had those fears, and did a bit of an experiment....
Let the first coat really pull in after giving it the beans with a blue speedy....really flat...
Second coat it nice and tight, wash up, then speedy it, then leave it a bit, then trowel or steel blade it to finish
No ripples, no stripes. (Least that's my experience).

200_d (1).gif

Same as ezespat, good bit of kit in the correct place, the lad does like being on camera and it suits him.
Had to get it out there before rwf did then it would of been even worse to watch and probably would of lasted 30 minute's

Had to get it out there before rwf did then it would of been even worse to watch and probably would of lasted 30 minute's
Yeah but we would have seen every room in that building (twice), and he'd have shown the connecting to the pole, and how to decide how long to make the pole once the blade had been connected...in short, a proper job......

Yeah but we would have seen every room in that building (twice), and he'd have shown the connecting to the pole, and how to decide how long to make the pole once the blade had been connected...in short, a proper job......
It was alot longer and there's more to come.. Sorry lads

The first video in the other thread was to show small area finishing with the sf blade working up to skirts etc, this one is bigger area finishing with new sf after 3 wipes over with st plastic before.

First time I've seen that used, looks neat but do you give the final coat with trowels.

Hi Richard,

We are working on something bespoke for best storage but unfortunately it wont be available till spring 2017. Its pretty cool so watch this space early next year.

In the meantime...

Its important that Speedskim equipment is stored correctly.
The ranges (including spare blades) all come with robust PVC blade guards. These should be fitted back on the blade when not in use and when being stored. This in its self gives good support and protection.

When storing in a van (as example) its important that no other tools or material are on top of the equipment. Ideally any storage solutions should be at least semi rigid.

To help I've inserted a link below to something fairly suitable. We would recommend something like this but strongly suggest inserting a 9mm plywood liner.

Please note the link below is a guide only and we cant vouch for any third party sellers.

Hope this is useful info.. :)

Hope you enjoy using your New design SF products...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Studiohut-Stands-Tripods-Umbrellas-Accessories/dp/B007MBFT9W/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1476519797&sr=8-4&keywords=48"+light+stand+cases

Vince is it better than the eze spat? I wana get 1 but I thought the eze was shite..is this better?
Mate it's british made , of course it is, imo

Try the 600 you tight arsed twit, don't go all big balls with 1.2 at first.

:hola:

Have u had a eze?
To be fair I only used my mates kitchy not actually owned my own one so I shouldn't say it's better ... It is nick named the messiah of trowels though and is 100% made in u.k ... Finishes 9.59 out of 10 as well.

Look forward to your review ... Big balls .

:birra:

To be fair I only used my mates kitchy not actually owned my own one so I shouldn't say it's better ... It is nick named the messiah of trowels though and is 100% made in u.k ... Finishes 9.59 out of 10 as well.

Look forward to your review ... Big balls .

:birra:
Il get 1 in nxt couple weeks..cnt wait to rip it to bits :)..doing aload of beading nxt week in Whitley bay! 500m of the T***s so not going to need 1 for nxt week or so