• No for internals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes for exteriors

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, andy are you using the edge upside down there?

I wasn't aware there was a right way up with a featheredge Steve, I prefer to use it as in the pic partly for the reason bubbles pointed out but I will at times use it the other way up especially for closing the wall in but not often. But I've also seen plenty of spreads using it the way you do.

I do henry but as said I've not done as much floating as most so still trying different ways, try and listen to the people I trust on here and take bits of advice off everyone. just finished 3 rooms float and set and quite enjoyed it.

Andy I always assumed the angled side of a feather edge was the top but as been said I don't care if you use a teaspoon to rule off aslong as its flat.

I use the chamfered bit as the edge, on the flat side there's a groove for your fingers.

You shouldn't have loads of excess to scrape off the edge, leave it on the wall, move it around to where it's needed.

ive always used the flat side to rule and the angled side to close in i dnt think ive ever seen anyone use it the other way round.....to my knowledge anyway.
how you getting on with floating then steve??

Yes I do andy. They take a couple of minutes to set up but once they are you can't really go wrong so its horses for courses.

I use screeds as well beddy :)

If you dont do much floating then its pretty much a way of getting it perfect :)

Its a shame that floating is not used as much as I really enjoyed floating a room out :)

I use the chamfered bit as the edge, on the flat side there's a groove for your fingers.

You shouldn't have loads of excess to scrape off the edge, leave it on the wall, move it around to where it's needed.

The only rules I've seen with the "finger grooves" as you put it Danny are the lightweight rules, I only use these upto about 4ft as I consider them to flexible at longer lengths as soon as you use them at less than 90degrees to the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.