Spatulas or speedskims

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah pretty good actually :)

Its taking me a bit longer to get use to the finishing one but its getting a lot easier :)

Hi
Has Anybody had an issue with blade warping on Regina spats got a 600mm one and had it 3 months noticed the blade has warped bad ! ?

Lee

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App and I'm love turtles

OK guys so in your opinion a new refina spat or the EZE spat, I'm guessing the EZE. I have a 600 refina spat but the old red handle one, when first bought couldnt really get on with it, brought too much water to surface and didnt like it. But recently I have gone back to it and am loving it for trowelling up, but now it is doing that ripple effect on the blade so need new, what should I get?

Hi guys, I've already got a 600 and 1200 speedskim with pole attachment and get on really well with them for flattening 1st and 2nd coat, 600 is my fave as its so light and neat but thinking about getting a finishing spatula now but wandering which is the best? Refina or eze spat? Or wait for the new finishing blades for the speedskim? They're all pretty expensive though!

I'm looking into purchasing my first speed skim, can you recommend a good size to get started with? I will be mainly using it for skimming so I would like the pole attachment for flattening the ceilings with as well. Cheers.

Yeah 600 and 1200 is ample with pole attachment, the 600 is much easier to use and control on the pole than the 12, and much easier for going round fittings etc run both ways with it and it fills in and flattens almost perfect, just make sure you get on it while it's still wet enough as it can start to drag if the plasters picked up a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.